• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Andys 60l cube

Lovely tank & what a change in a few months!

I agree ☺ your hardscape rock is really nice - it would be nicer to see more of it ;)
Ok I'll start with a carpet cut and a water change this afternoon. Then I'll start dosing the excel directly to the bba. The tank should be clear in a couple of weeks.

I might try and convert this to low tech once the bba is gone to give me a bit more time for my new high tech project

Chemical warfare has begun
poisoned%20bba_zpsho5xktqu.jpg

a quick plant pic
rotala%20bonsai_zps1dts42w3.jpg

and my lone otto
lone%20otto_zpsgjxqx80r.jpg

Cheers Ryan:)

There not bad but I would really like a dedicated macro lens.
These were taken with the 55-300 and 32mm extension tube, no flash just under the tank lights at 100%. I started running out of light when the dimmer kicked in and gave up trying to get a shot of the galaxy rasboras. I will get a decent shot of them one day though

Wow also ☺ That rock looks really nice - a bit like fossilised wood, & who's this Thurston fella? All the staff are posting their full names - crazy times!
it is fossilized wood.
Perhaps I should put formerly known as big clown in my signature ;)

Impressive result - did you drop the water level very low or just dose in usual tank volume with filter off/syringe etc???

Congrats on the new tank & rock :)
pretty much the tank gets 5ml of excel every day. I turn the filters off for about 20 mins and squirt it slowly onto the bba with a syringe with some co2 tube attached. I don't drain the tank while doing this. oh yes I turned the tank lights off for 2 days a couple of times per month when I go up north to see the kids

Back