• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Journal Freds new pond build

Status
Not open for further replies.
showa. / hariwake /. yamabuki. / doitsu. / kohaku. /Shiro utsuri . / orange ogon ./ chagoi cross sarogoi ./ shiro utsuri. / sanke

just some name s of the baby koi what breed and type best fred

Last edited:
here is a couple of photos of the new little koi.
upload_2016-8-1_14-52-42.png

upload_2016-8-1_14-53-33.png

upload_2016-8-1_14-54-2.png

upload_2016-8-1_14-54-32.png

upload_2016-8-1_14-55-39.png

upload_2016-8-1_14-56-13.png

2 x small one s near bottom of pond
upload_2016-8-1_14-56-54.png

now to show you how quick the pond is maturing wit small bio matter growing quickly in pond
since i put pond balls and pond bomb bio boosters in my filters. this is also food for koi and they clean the pond

look at the green you can see worm like little lartha bio on upper pond side
upload_2016-8-1_15-0-42.png

look at square on bread crate thousands of them
upload_2016-8-1_15-2-51.png

better picture of the bio
upload_2016-8-1_15-3-53.png

so as you can see all is going well with the pond water and bio side of thing s
take care fred

to hogan ian_m london dragon tim harrison
as you can see the little new additions have settled in nicely. also i used pond balls boost
pond bomb start and you can see the results of the good bacteria in the photo.
also one of my very large fish you can see him earlier in the thread the large colourful one.
i call him whale. he had an infection that caused a hole at the front joint of his right fin. i noticed when he was swimming
he was only using one fin. thats the idea of windows . i would never have noticed from above. well the i had to catch him. took an hour or so.
put him in a large bowl. with 10 gallons of pond water in. 30 tea spoons of pond salt. per gallon which adds to 300 tea spoon fulls.
put him in the bath for 7 minutes. he lasted 4 minutes. put him in another bowl for half an hour to recover. then bathe d him for the other three minutes.
left him for 5 hours then repeated the process. that was three days a go.

looks like it had done the trick as he is now using two flipper fins again. and eating full on again. i will just keeep an eye on him. and salt bath him again next week.
just to make sure. all the best fred

Cheers Neil looks good from my chair mate. You can see right to the bottom mate.
It's all bee worth it mate.

Cheers zozo how are you mate. Hope all s well pal. Best Fred got some more plants mate.

Yes that window is totaly awsome.. When does one see those species of typical pond fish from that view?. Only like this.. Fish are realy looking great btw.. :thumbup:

We are cross posting here.. :D havent got any updates on this threat, happens sometimes dunno why, bussy server i guess.. Yes thanks Fred im doing ok, you too it seems.. Cool man!!.. Saw your plants.. Also looking great that upper pond.. This will rock next year if can have all summer.. :)

Cheers marcel nice to hear your well mate. It will be better as I add more and more plants mate.
Added ten more little five inch koi. Still have nt done summer house yet. But will. My wife has not seen anything that she really likes. So still looking. Take care. Fred

I see your pond is looking awesome Fred it really is. Some beautiful rudd in there too. My own pond is coming along nicely I'm hoping it'll be completed within the next couple of weeks . Then I can start trawling through all the pics and put together a journal. All the best buddy

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Cheers Andy. How far you on with it. Nice to hear someone else is doing and building a pond
Best of luck mate. Can't wait for the journal mate. Lots of pictures. I for one will be following the read mate.
And as I found with my journal. Quite a few enjoyed my read. Take care mate Fred

Hi Andy it will be worth it mate. I love my pond and setup. Why three weeks to fill it up. Is it a huge deep pond. Or is your hose small haha.

It's 4 foot at the deepest, average is around 2ish. In terms of surface area about 350-400 square feet. My hose is fine thanks .

What's that in length and width. Like my dimensions are length 13feet. Width 13feet depth 6 feet. Gallons 4 and a half thousand. That's filters pipe work and upper pond all full. Because that sounds like a lake you have there Andy. What type of filteration system you looking at mate. Pumps and fish. I know your going to do a journal mate. But as you can see with my questions. I can t wait ha ha. Love it. Take care mate and happy pond building best fred

40ft by around 12.5...... ok my maths was out, that's around 500sq ft...... well if you're going to dig a hole may as well make it a big one eh?! The filter I'm designing myself. These are fish I've been maintaining for 30 yrs so I know what they need!! Primarily solid settlement, there'll be a separate biofilter as well. Fish wise, as I mentioned in previous messages it's going to be less of a koi pond and much more mixed community. Lots of water lilies too, some of which are almost busting out of their baskets! These will be "potted on" when the pond is ready to plant up.

These are the sort of robustly inquisitive fish that if I'm working on a part of the pond, I'll have to keep them away with a soft broom! It's not even just the carp that are like that..... try chasing and outwitting a golden orfe with a broom lmao

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back