• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Ryan's Twin Aquanano (featured in PFK magazine)

so sorry for the long over due update. thing are been so so busy this days for me. baby wife and life lol. i got loads of picture and update coming soon. here a quick Picture

cheers
ryan

20151110_214934.jpg

These tanks look great mate.
But what i really really like is what you have done with the cabinet. I have some ikea cabinets being used with some of my tanks around the house, but none of them was adapted to aquarium use or to my needs.
Your's looks great.
It's really not the best cabinets for this, but i have been using them without any problems, i do tend to position my tanks in a way that they are supported by multiple columns, i never used the single column cabinet you are using.
But i do like your idea it looks like a proper cabinet.

hi

wow its was last November since I last update this. the tank is still running great. the smaller aquanao had a few new rescape but this time with 1 plant weeping moss. I had some problem with the crystal shrimp everyday I find a few dead ones which was odd because I never ever see any dying shrimps all bigger ones and non small or baby ones. so I call up proshrimp and got some advice. I kind of knew what might be happen but I thought I ask anyways. he reply was just what I had in mind. the shrimp live span is getting old. I had them for over 2-3 years. in total I lost over 20-25 anyways its all good now.

some might know I got talking to Nathan hill from practical fish keeping magazine about how much he like my layout I did and then soon later we got chatting on facebook talking about what other tanks I have at home and that. at one point I was joking around to Nathan saying should I recreate the same layout at home just for fun since I already got a tank with the same size, he then said to me if I ever do it call him and he will get me in the pfk magazine. at first I didn't believe him so a week later I message nathan saying I would love to take that opportunity and he said yes definitely just give him a shout in a few weeks before and that what I done. Nathan and George came around one weekday on a Tuesday with all there gear and got snappy lol. it was so much fun talking about plants and magazines. they made my day so a big thank you to pfk and Nathan George coming all the way to mk. you guys made me famous for a month :lol::lol::lol::lol:

more pictures inside pfk magazine http://www.ukaps.org/forum/threads/...aps-aquascaping-experience-2016-photos.32116/

her some pictures of the old new new nano tanks
IMG_2826.jpg

IMG_2827.jpg

IMG_3769.jpg

add some hair grass to the right corner
IMG_3772.jpg

frogbit flowing
IMG_3138.jpg

IMG_3152.jpg

IMG_3342.jpg

IMG_3346.jpg

IMG_3350.jpg

20160218_135105.jpg

20160225_191534.jpg

20160414_205531.jpg

IMG_2825.jpg

my lil cousin
IMG_3265.jpg

IMG_3272.jpg

ada mini M
IMG_3223.jpg

IMG_3224.jpg

IMG_3225.jpg

IMG_3233.jpg

IMG_3231.jpg
IMG_3232.jpg

IMG_3235.jpg

IMG_3240.jpg

IMG_3244.jpg

IMG_3314.jpg

IMG_3315.jpg

IMG_3316.jpg

IMG_3328.jpg

IMG_3329.jpg

IMG_3330.jpg

IMG_3337.jpg

IMG_3338.jpg

IMG_3339.jpg

IMG_3340.jpg

IMG_3341.jpg

IMG_3373.jpg

IMG_3374.jpg
IMG_3375.jpg

IMG_3377.jpg

IMG_3378.jpg

Last edited:
Always liked these, they're really well executed scapes...that's why I'm never going head to head with you in a nano scaping competition...:p

Ryan, great scapes man! Congrats! time sink your teeth into IAPLC.....

With keeping reds, white and black CRS, did you get any mushy colours? People say that they shouldn't be mixed?....

Ryan, great scapes man! Congrats! time sink your teeth into IAPLC.....

With keeping reds, white and black CRS, did you get any mushy colours? People say that they shouldn't be mixed?....
thank dude. IAPLC ermmm some serious aquascaper out there im no way there level maybe one day lol

yes i got mix. brown, pure white and black with tin of blue. i like it but as a breeder best to keep same colours together

Last edited:
thank dude. IAPLC ermmm some serious aquascaper out there im no way there level maybe ine day lol

yes i got mix. brown, pure white and black with tin of blue. i like it but as a breeder best to keep same colours together
What you got to loose get one entered :)

Back