• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Cloudy Water Conundrum

I've got one of those and bought it to tackle my green water problems that kept coming back even with blackouts.
Its a bit piece of kit and beware the cable was short to get it hooked up to the plug.
It helped water clarity improve quickly but did disrupt the water flow in my tank and so the plants suffered a little bit.

Superman said:
I've got one of those and bought it to tackle my green water problems that kept coming back even with blackouts.
Its a bit piece of kit and beware the cable was short to get it hooked up to the plug.
It helped water clarity improve quickly but did disrupt the water flow in my tank and so the plants suffered a little bit.
Thanks for answering Clark, I've aready got a 400lph internal out through a spaybar, so my plan is to switch them over for a few days, keeping flow patterns the same, all be it slightly stronger.

Dave Spencer said:
I use 114W of T8 over 240l with minimal pearling. I wouldn`t expect too much pearling with the light levels you have.

weoll at least i got enough co2, i get pearling within the hour.microsorum gets covered first usually. by night time its like fizzy lemonade. i dont really like the appearance though

saintly said:
weoll at least i got enough co2, i get pearling within the hour.microsorum gets covered first usually. by night time its like fizzy lemonade. i dont really like the appearance though
Are you running 24/7 CO2 on your tank? 104 watts or 208? If I run 4 tubes = 156w its like lemonade in no time. But currently pea soup green, I'm waiting for a UV unit.

Ray said:
Are you running 24/7 CO2 on your tank? 104 watts or 208? If I run 4 tubes = 156w its like lemonade in no time. But currently pea soup green, I'm waiting for a UV unit.

yes 24/7 co2 104w t5. i've still got to run just 2 for another 3 weeks then i can up it. but saying that im happy with things at just the 2 x 54w. i want metal halide next, suspended 8)

Superman said:
How quick should I notice a difference, I left it running overnight and this morning it was still pea soup!? Bulb is lit and there is flow, so I presume it is working.

Ray said:
Superman said:
How quick should I notice a difference, I left it running overnight and this morning it was still pea soup!? Bulb is lit and there is flow, so I presume it is working.
I only used it after a water change so it wasn't 'pea soup' when I turned it on. It just stopped it coming back.

Back