• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Mangrove Beach (A journey into the unknown!)

Amano's have got great personalities, they definitely deserve some time in a Thug Life video... perhaps not as important criteria as their algae eating skills

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Thanks all for your comments!

Just got home and have had a good look over the tank, new growth showing on the Rotala and Hygrophila, crypts are looking alot healthier and there is some great pearling going on.

Fingers crossed the ferns will look stronger in the coming days

Thanks all, little update - Things seem to be going great for the moment.

I can see new growth on most of the plants (Not on the ferns or moss). No sign of any melting yet although Im sure I will get some at some point.

Currently doing 90% water change every night, wipe down of all the glass - dose 5ml of liquid carbon and 50ml of Micro or Macro solution.

Co2 is cranked up too high for livestock but Im trying to give the plants a solid start. Lights are set at 50% for 6 hours.

Chris

but Amanos are a lot bigger;)
are they ever :wideyed:

Some mature females arrived at friend's shop, they get fed suitable shrimp foods & couple anubias etc in the holding tank - I was tidying up the plant (sale) tank & trimmed some C thalictroides that had a bit of diatoms (leak in CO2 system that I think I've traced back to the regulator now) & placed these with the Amanos for some cleanup ... well they cleaned it up alright :eek: ... 12hours later there was nothing left but a few stems :wideyed:

I only saw a few Amanos apparently taking interest in the C thalictroides while I was there, but they must've been tag teaming it :lol:

Great update Chris

Latest pictures of the 53B, I noticed a couple of the original leaves look damaged. As this is brand new setup and currently have no livestock I can't blame it on them.

Done some research and would appear it's either a result of low co2 or potassium?

Co2 is running high at the moment and I can see the plants swamped by micro bubbles, so don't think it's this?

I am dosing 50ml of EI ferts everyday so maybe I need to up this?

Or is it simply a case of the plant suffering a little after delivery and things will be fine with new growth?

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Thanks for any help

Chris

Have put my lights up to 100% and have started to see this algae...

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Shall I switch back down to 50/75%? Vac it out? Get some shrimp??

Thanks!!

Hi all!!

Sorry for the lack of updates! Hopefully I can change that going forward.. I have a new camera arriving tomorrow so will do some kind of video at the weekend!

Anyway here's the tank this evening..

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

click image upload

The diatoms gave up and went and I think I'm 100% algae free, although I believe the key to this is continued maintenance/ prevention.

Chris

Congrats, nice tank and plantation!

I think you can improve the scape by simply putting some small seiryu stones (or break one big stone and use the broken pieces) between the sand and the soil...that will break the Line and makes the hardscape look even more natural. ;)

Hi all! Long time and no update, well I have learnt a lot over the last few months and have a well balanced set up at the moment!!

I havnt kept to a strict layout as I have been adding plants and moving them around to learn what works best for specific species.

I plan to continue doing this and then try a new layout later in the year.

Please excuse the lack of maintenance, it's two weeks this Saturday since I last touched it..

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

photo uploading

Back