• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

First tank in 30years (2 days old)

KipperSarnie

27714315974_d04165dd01_z.jpg

Trigon 350

That's not easy, scaping a bow fronted corner tank.. Very well done and rarely seen.. :clap::thumbup:

Thanks for the comments & the welcome as for the corner tank, I made cardboard replica of the tank I wanted but no matter how much we moved the furniture around it just took over our little house & I had to settle on the corner tank.
as for scaring it was a nightmare, I rearranged the hardscape every couple of days till I was satisfied even then I had to fiddle before being satisfied.

One tip if you have access to a decent saw the drift wood or bog-wood can be altered to suit your needs in fact cut a piece of bog-wood in half, keep the cut to the back of the tank & you have two good pieces!!

The "Roots" coming down are fitted to a piece of perspex (Acrylic) laid on top of the internal filter.
I was having problems with floating plant blocking the filter inlet grid so I warmed some perspex with the hot air gun so that the edge was just below water level to prevent the plant from entering the grid area then screwed branches of drift wood to it to create a more natural look, I don't think any of the drift wood used is as it came. Even a flat saw cut can be hidden with a few deft chisel & craft knife strokes!

If someBuddy points me in the right direction of the correct forum I'll add some pictures of the perspex / roots & some spiel on how to do it!

absolutely glorious tank, I could only dream of being allowed to have such a large tank, only 2 days old, wow.

Just got rid of my Trigon 350 as I struggled to scape it, and even do maintenance due to the size of it!

Nice to see someone having success with it :)

Thanks for the comments & the welcome as for the corner tank, I made cardboard replica of the tank I wanted but no matter how much we moved the furniture around it just took over our little house & I had to settle on the corner tank.
as for scaring it was a nightmare, I rearranged the hardscape every couple of days till I was satisfied even then I had to fiddle before being satisfied.

One tip if you have access to a decent saw the drift wood or bog-wood can be altered to suit your needs in fact cut a piece of bog-wood in half, keep the cut to the back of the tank & you have two good pieces!!

The "Roots" coming down are fitted to a piece of perspex (Acrylic) laid on top of the internal filter.
I was having problems with floating plant blocking the filter inlet grid so I warmed some perspex with the hot air gun so that the edge was just below water level to prevent the plant from entering the grid area then screwed branches of drift wood to it to create a more natural look, I don't think any of the drift wood used is as it came. Even a flat saw cut can be hidden with a few deft chisel & craft knife strokes!

If someBuddy points me in the right direction of the correct forum I'll add some pictures of the perspex / roots & some spiel on how to do it!

If you'd like to share your experiences with building and diy aspects on this love tank and hardscape, you could start a journal :) Alternatively if you would just like to post details on the diy aspect, you could start a thread in 'aquascaping' or 'hardware & diy'

Stunning tank and lovely to see discus in a community tank. What temp do you keep the tank at?

Lindy, The Temperature is 28c / 29c.

Cleithracara Maronii is one of my favourites as well, I have 6 of them & they shoal well together they're not fazed &
stand up to the Discus at feed time.
(Not used to the new name for me they're still Aequidens Maronii)

Back