• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Algae on silicone and TGM

Nothing more effective than Chlorine, but then you have to make sure you wash it all out again and or use dechlorinator at startup to be realy sure. But spraying peroxide also works a treat, it kills it off and then the toothbrush and water spray.. With spraying peroxide it also ends up in the tiny crevises between glass and silicone if you have. That's how i get it away in a running tank during a water change when i can reach it... :) Peroxide leaves nothing poissones behind..

Any good tips for getting algae off the silicone? Also what's happened to TGM??? Their website runs at dial up speed!!! Done a complete order on Aqua essentials before one page loaded???

I used the green machine March/April for hardscape & ADA Amazonia - website is very slow I found though if give them a buzz - they're grand :) Though plants are dear and not super quality so haven't been back!

Nothing more effective than Chlorine, but then you have to make sure you wash it all out again and or use dechlorinator at startup to be realy sure. But spraying peroxide also works a treat, it kills it off and then the toothbrush and water spray.. With spraying peroxide it also ends up in the tiny crevises between glass and silicone if you have. That's how i get it away in a running tank during a water change when i can reach it... :) Peroxide leaves nothing poissones behind..
What is Chlorine?

Back