• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Fluval 88g pressure level

hotweldfire

Hi All,

I'm considering buying aquasabi's glass inline diffuser and they tell me that it needs just over 1 bar to run. Thing is that I'm using this Fluval 88g nano co2 kit and have no idea what pressure it puts out (documentation don't say).

Anyone know?

[I am aware I should stop using this money pit and switch to an FE but space limitations preclude that]

Cheers
Sajid

Ho You could buy the soda stream adapter and regulator only and cut down the cost . This will run a glass diffuser/ One thing do not turn the pressure up on the whole system as a sudden large change of pressure can crack inline diffuser's :(

Why can't you run the CO2 sodastream (or 2Kg FE) on its side, or angled up ?

People will bang on with "no you can't" you will get liquid CO2 in the regulator and all die etc. But I ran my 2Kg on its side, in a magazine rack, for months no issues. You are using CO2 at such a small rate that any liquid CO2 will have no chance of getting anywhere. Remember all FE's have a dip tube so liquid CO2 could easily get to the regulator if it wanted to with an FE standing upright.

upload_2016-7-22_16-43-35.png

Well, that's a fair point. I have seen a few debates on here on that issue and have gone away with the view that this is a risky thing to do. I would be happy to hear other views on this. I am tempted to give it a go.

Another option is to use the Fluval system, but get an adapter that lets it work on regular generic 88g cartridges, which are a LOT cheaper than Fluval own. Think I seen them on amazon

Back