• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Spring Passage - 40cm Cube *Updated Pics!*

Hey Joe
I see why you've called it " spring passage" its a very apt name :thumbup:

Actually come to think of it, the scape in the shop you created has the same sense of age/forest to it.

whats next? Move towards a final FTS with this scape or you still itching to do your next scape?

regards, Jonny

Hey Jonny! Thanks very much, the initial design plan for the tank is starting to come through :D The 110cm or the FlexiMini tank? I think you're probably right, bring this tank to its peak, shoot the hell out of it and then probably rescape..

At the moment the hardscape is leaning towards a river edge, sunken wood with locally sourced waterworn pebbles, tons of epiphytes etc. Also may have been given the go ahead for a second tank... That tank you gave me actually!! Iwagumi style! Simplistic planting :D

Hopefully catch up with you soon, its been a long time since I've bounced aquascaping ideas around with someone in person! If you need any assistance planting your new rainbow tank, you know who to call!

Joe

The 76cm doors aquarium at the end of the plant tank I was thinking.

This tank definitely deserves a FTS!!! Spends some time getting rid of all traces of algae, make the water crystal clear and get the plants to the right height, then shoot the hell out of it! You can the use all that you have learned form this scape and put it into practice into the next one!! I do like the sound of a river edge tank.

Are you referring to the 17litre tank? That be a nice wee iwagumi project indeed.

I'm still stuck on the hardscaping for my rainbow tank, maybe sometime next month come round and give me a hand with the hardscaping/planting? Cannot get the rock and wood to meld together quite right.

Jonny

Hi Joe
I have noticed that your verticilata had moved from one place to the other. Could say something about your experince with it? Tropica describes it as advaced. Is it dificult to mantain?

The 76cm doors aquarium at the end of the plant tank I was thinking.

This tank definitely deserves a FTS!!! Spends some time getting rid of all traces of algae, make the water crystal clear and get the plants to the right height, then shoot the hell out of it! You can the use all that you have learned form this scape and put it into practice into the next one!! I do like the sound of a river edge tank.

Are you referring to the 17litre tank? That be a nice wee iwagumi project indeed.

I'm still stuck on the hardscaping for my rainbow tank, maybe sometime next month come round and give me a hand with the hardscaping/planting? Cannot get the rock and wood to meld together quite right.

Jonny

Aye the 17l! It's on our table at home with some dragonstone and stubstrate. Rox and I change the scape every day to see which one we like the best! It's also going to be wall-mounted....!

What moss are you using in the scape? You messaged about a DSM right? Hmm...

Hi Joe
I have noticed that your verticilata had moved from one place to the other. Could say something about your experince with it? Tropica describes it as advaced. Is it dificult to mantain?

For some reason it grew quite leggy in my tank, which I would describe as quite high light. Not sure what caused this but it didn't suit the scape as it dwarfed the Monte carlo as it sent runners out everywhere. Easy to grow, more difficult to maintain. What's your setup?

What's your setup?
I'm in the phase of planning a nano (soon I'll start a journal about it). It will be mostly grass type plants and I was considering verticillata to make some contrast... maybe I should think of something else?
thanks!

Back