• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Hc and Monte Carlo

ivka

hi. I just planted he and Monte Carlo in my tank and then I found out that I have a huge leak of co2. My regulator is broken. So I ordered a new one but now I don't have co2 in my tank and newly planted he and Monte Carlo. Will they be ok for a few days?i have a liquid carbon so I could put that in . And one more question. Will be Christmas moss fine with a liquid carbon? Thanks

If you just planted it it should still have some carbon stores built up from when it was emeresed. Turn your lights down/off. I've grown moss with liquid carbon, but they do not like high doses of it.

- or do what Tropica does to showtanks, only on show for a few days..........add carbonated mineral water (without flavor !!).
Just dose app. 2 1/2 dl. pr. 100 l. of tank-water every morning as light goes on.
It's a very easy and effective way of adding CO2 - though not very cost-effective long term.

Hi! I don't think that a few days without CO2 will be the end of the world ; the liquid carbon will do the job ; it's true that there is a debate regarding the mosses and the liquid carbon, but only with newly planted mosses ; if your moss has been there for a while and it's growing well, there should be no problem

Envoyé de mon SM-G935F en utilisant Tapatalk

Hi Eduardo the think is the moss was planted 4 days ago so very new. Do you think liquid carbon would hurt moss then?

Mick.dk I never heart about this method. Does it realy works?

As I said, it's controversial ; I don't know, use half of the recommended dose

Envoyé de mon SM-G935F en utilisant Tapatalk

Mick.dk I never heart about this method. Does it realy works?
It works, yes - like I said; this is how the Tropica tanks are run at shows. These tanks are pre-grown for three months (using pressurised CO2 as pr. standards), then emptied of water and transported to location of show (ex. Nuremberg for InterZoo), set at place and re-filled with water (usually all within 24 hours). There is really not time to do a fine-tuning of a CO2- system before show is on, so the "carbonated water method" is actually safest way to go (there's usually some fish added to be concerned about). The fine mist of micro-bubbles of CO2 is avoided, too - making a crystal-clear appearance of tank. The added Carbonated water must ofcourse not contain harmfull additives.
It is not cost-effective, though.........

Hi everyone. So I got my new regulator today and I have it running. But I already can see some singhns of melting on hc and even more on Monte Carlo. Do you think they will recover from first week of no co2? I put co2 on very hight as I don't have a live stock yet. And I am Doing ei fertilazation.

Back