• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

15 litre testing testing

Hanna

Seedling
Hi everyone,
I've been sneaking about the forum reading about your projects for the last few weeks, digging through the internet for information, and now I fancy myself atleast somewhere in the proximity of ready to give this a go, on a very small scale as space is a bit of an issue. :)

15L aquarium
L32xW21xH24
Circulation 300L/h
LED light, think ends up at ~8W
Substrate is JBL brown plant soil

I'm going for something very simple, nothing flashy, starting with (fairly) as I understand it low tech setup and easy plants (if I can help myself) - as long as everything is growing well, slow and steady is fine by me - and a basic scape (if it can be called a scape) using a root and a few small rocks... If all goes well might upgrade in future, or cry, rip my hair out, and start over..

Currently it's just sitting on my sofa table while I'm trying to decide if I like the look of it, any comments/opinions are welcome, my design sense isn't exactly 110% and still not quite decided on plants..

Plants currently on list are:
Eleocharis sp. mini
Vesicularia dubyana 'christmas'
Staurogyne repens
Anubias barteri var. nana
May add something fast growing to help out with algae on the beginning..

This is where I'm currently at, everything has shuffled about atleast 15 times over last few days ;)

1.jpg
2.jpg

Hi there ! Looks like a nice project. I would use more stones, pile them up in the left corner and put the root with the thick branches downwards, you know like the legs of a giant spider :)

Envoyé de mon SM-G935F en utilisant Tapatalk

Looks cool :) will come to life when you add greenery; I like it

Hi Hanna welcome to ukaps .Nice start :) as suggested maybe add a few more rocks. I would definitely add some fast growing stem plants , at least to start with. I like the look of the tank , is it acrylic or optiwhite glass?

Hi, thank you for your comments! :) Yeah, great point, agree about the rocks, will try to find more in same-ish colour to add some more height on the left, all they had in LFS were these small ones and massive ones that would take A LOT of volume from the tank. Tried the root other way around but it's a bit too tall that way, ends up outside of tank (and embarassingly dont actually own a saw ;)) and kind of enjoy the way it looks like it's been "up rooted" like this..

The tank was a gift, doesnt say what kind on the box, beyond glass, so perhaps optiwhite, it's very nice and clear with sharp edges, no ugly silicone sticking out.. says Flexi-M, but that is the light if I understand it right :) And will definitely add some fast growing stem plants, thank you!

Hi, thank you for your comments! :) Yeah, great point, agree about the rocks, will try to find more in same-ish colour to add some more height on the left, all they had in LFS were these small ones and massive ones that would take A LOT of volume from the tank. Tried the root other way around but it's a bit too tall that way, ends up outside of tank (and embarassingly dont actually own a saw ;)) and kind of enjoy the way it looks like it's been "up rooted" like this..

The tank was a gift, doesnt say what kind on the box, beyond glass, so perhaps optiwhite, it's very nice and clear with sharp edges, no ugly silicone sticking out.. says Flexi-M, but that is the light if I understand it right :) And will definitely add some fast growing stem plants, thank you!

looks like the flexi M, which is a fantastic little tank

Back