• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Escape

Sadly S denisonii will get too large/too boisterous for this tank (size) but lively while you can keep them :cool:

Thank you Alto. This was a concern for me too, but they are slow growers. Knowing the fact I change my setups at least once a year, these will not outgrow my tank. Or, if they will, I can always swap them in LFS for smaller size (current size is about 3cm, youngsters)

I've been wondering how things are going with you - miss your frequent photos!
they really are good :wideyed: :thumbup:

Seems tank is finally going where you'd like :)
though I'll mourn

o_O :sorry:

(an army of nerites will usually take on fungus too aggressive or untasty for shrimps - I couldn't find my fav snail site :( but at least PI has some photos :) )

Nerites I had, but not an army. Fungus growth rates were out of space. About 2cm layer in 2-3days for 2 months nonstop. Nightmare.

Petite tank was nice, i do admit, but I could not keep up with maintenance, lack of time, or just an excuse for me being lazy.. and my puffer needs to eat :) petite branches works very well as a pest snail farm

Last edited:
Hi. Shrimplets might be eaten if found by puffer or torpedos or tetras. But they have a plenty of hiding places to survive. Youngsters might be eaten too if other fish is not fed and are starving. Adults are safe.

I just have to wonder how you keep the wood so clean?! , I must clean the wood every few weeks because turns green , I use the Aquasky 601 and you have the 602 twice the light.
How it is working for you with such strong light?

I just have to wonder how you keep the wood so clean?! , I must clean the wood every few weeks because turns green , I use the Aquasky 601 and you have the 602 twice the light.
How it is working for you with such strong light?

I'm trying to be quite careful with it. Light is ON only for 6 hours a day so far. I do not keep both units ON at the same time. Co2 is at its limits. Fertilising with BrightyK and Special Shades on daily basis. Water changes for 80% once a week on general maintenance and another quick 35% one during the week if I don't forget.
I think this is the chain of actions that helps to keep it in shape
+ Few amano, several red sakuras an nerite snails

I love denisson barbs but sadly they are too large for your tank. When i had mine they went from 30mm to 100mm in less than 3 months. I love your work Lauris keep it up:thumbup:

Thanks for your feedback. I will not let them outgrow my tank. Once they will reach about 6-7cm I'll bring them back to lfs

Things are getting a bit mossy...

28727946582_063c66618c_c.jpg

28215377854_8db3253e56_c.jpg

28217819553_f04dc3cd76_c.jpg

and a little bit of buce..

28832605065_30f5978eac_c.jpg

Hi lauris
Love your scapes and great pictures, I've got a question... Do you notice any significant bulges in your tank glasses since they are 6mm thick, I'm getting my new tank custom made 60x35x40 so is 6mm glass thickness enough?

Tank is really beautiful! Congrats!!

How long has the moss taken to cover the wood like yours? Im starting out with some Willow moss but after 20 days Im yet to see any new growth? Wondered if its a slow grower

Thanks

Chris

Tank is really beautiful! Congrats!!

How long has the moss taken to cover the wood like yours? Im starting out with some Willow moss but after 20 days Im yet to see any new growth? Wondered if its a slow grower

Thanks

Chris

This one was attached at the start of June

Hi lauris
Love your scapes and great pictures, I've got a question... Do you notice any significant bulges in your tank glasses since they are 6mm thick, I'm getting my new tank custom made 60x35x40 so is 6mm glass thickness enough?

Thanks. This one was custom made too. Builder recommended to go 8mm, but I had to have it in 6mm because of the ADA light stand.
There is a little distortion from from 45 degrees and up.

Back