• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Escape

And a little photo update. Live stock changed. Took Denisonii Barbs back to LFS. Also Black Empreror tetras (got too big)

Replaced with 28 Wild ruby tetras
29357599246_77ba112436_c.jpg

And 4 Rainbow dwarfs:
29389110796_6f707c1304_c.jpg

and.. 1 month after.. (no trimming)

29103654120_ebe888d906_c.jpg

29357598886_2ba56aa91a_c.jpg

29312325301_dc8897b3ae_c.jpg

Thanks

Looking very nice, loving the moss growth, can you please tell me if the colour on your rainbow fish in the pic is true to life as they appear to be female dwarfe rainbows , the males having red finage, females a more orange colour. Either way nice healthy looking fish

Sent from my SM-G925F

So nice to see an update - tank looks to be doing well (hint: want more photos & a video ;) )

Those ruby tetras look awesome - be interesting to note if they lose color (some reports suggest them arrive very "ruby" & then become considerably paler after some months in aquaria)

Not sure on the dwarf rainbows - again condition of the fish is very nice (what a great lfs!) - can't imagine they will be smaller than the Black Emperor tetras but it's always fun to try different fishes in your tank
& the rainbows will be busy :)
(watch shrimp numbers)

Looking very nice, loving the moss growth, can you please tell me if the colour on your rainbow fish in the pic is true to life as they appear to be female dwarfe rainbows , the males having red finage, females a more orange colour. Either way nice healthy looking fish

Sent from my SM-G925F

Thank you.

Rainbow's are same in life as on photo taken. Colour pops out nicely in little more dimmed areas. I'm not an expert in their gender, but I will trust your knowledge. Thanks

So nice to see an update - tank looks to be doing well (hint: want more photos & a video ;) )

Those ruby tetras look awesome - be interesting to note if they lose color (some reports suggest them arrive very "ruby" & then become considerably paler after some months in aquaria)

Not sure on the dwarf rainbows - again condition of the fish is very nice (what a great lfs!) - can't imagine they will be smaller than the Black Emperor tetras but it's always fun to try different fishes in your tank
& the rainbows will be busy :)
(watch shrimp numbers)

:) Thanks for the feedback. I may do some video this month.

About Ruby tetras, they were more pearl in colour in lfs and in my tank for 1st 3-4 days. Then they became more ruby once adapted to new home. So I think they are now quite confident and happy enough.

Dwarf rainbows - my mrs said it was way too busy with 11 Emperor tetras and they did not fit in the scape (colour).. Dwarf rainbows was her choice. So far they do not bother shrimps, but it might change with time. I know my puffer likes to have a snack time by time. Little bugger.

:)

It's like Old Growth Forest
Well done - not easy to find the balance with so much slow growing plants

Thanks Alto,

Now I have a plan to leave it be without scissors for a good while. Would love to see in what it can turn in

P.s. with naming it Old Growth Forest you gave me a good few Ideas of how to improve this. Thanks

Last edited:
Cool journal - very difficult to find balance with such strong lighting - can you tell me who made the cabinet?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great - would you recommend the fella? I live just outside Dublin and I'm looking for an Ada style cabinet and tank

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep. Tank is solid and very nicely sealed. Pm me and I will link two of you together. He is based in Dublin too.

Back