• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

My Crystal Red Shrimp Tank

Andy D

Hi All!

Here is my Crystal Red Shrimp tank.

Tank: ND Aquatics 30cm X 30cm X 36cm Opti-White front.
Filtration: Fluval nano internal
Lighting: Superfish IQ43 LED
Heating: Rena Smart Heater

Substrate: Cat litter
Hardscape: Lava rock and pear branches

Flora: Anubias, Taiwan Moss, Water Lettuce
Fauna: CRS, Red Ramshorn Snails and MTS

Stats:
TDS: 130
kH: 2
gH: 6
Temp: 22°

7f0bcb5732a363c577c43cc78b21c8e0.jpg

Last edited:
Looks good. Get some round pelia in there, shrimplets live to graze on it...

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Hi Andy, Truly Mesmerizing Video:clap::clap: Watching again as we speak on the other computer larger screen :D

The Grandson was watching too:) He's 8 Now he wants shrimp like yours :cool:

We were going to rescape his little tank soon. Now he has a new idea as to what he wants;) A Shrimp Tank :D

Andy great that mate.is it fresh water or salt water to keep the shrimp. Impressed with the tank and style mate.
What temperatures do you keep them at. Do you need heaters. I Like the rocks and plants. Once my pond and garden is done.my next project next year is my two living rooms. And I would nt mind something like that tank in there it's a nice stand out feature. Did you have to reinforce the floor. Love it great video. You made. Was that you strumming away for the music. Keep it up mate. Great job. Fred

Crystal shrimp are freshwater and can be kept in unheated tanks. There is a great sticky thread at the top of the inverts forum describing the needs of these shrimp.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Cheer s for info Andy . Just for a matter of interest what is the low st temperature you can go down to.
Further down the line. I may go into this. Look s beautiful. Best fred

My shadow bee tank was around 15 degrees this winter when I measured the temp but it must have gone lower at times as the tank was left in an unheated flat in scotland for a few weeks. The shrimp were active and feeding when I checked on them during the day and when the tank was moved to our much warmer new house the females all got berried within a week or two. I received my new prls through the post last week and they were posted without a heat pack. They were absolutely fine. My tank usually sits around 19 degrees C.

hi lindy hope your well thanks for that so inow know someone dropped the temp to 15 degrees and 19 degrees good luck with the shrimps all the best fred

My shadow bee tank was around 15 degrees this winter when I measured the temp but it must have gone lower at times as the tank was left in an unheated flat in scotland for a few weeks. The shrimp were active and feeding when I checked on them during the day and when the tank was moved to our much warmer new house the females all got berried within a week or two. I received my new prls through the post last week and they were posted without a heat pack. They were absolutely fine. My tank usually sits around 19 degrees C.

Hi Lindy, can I ask if this also goes for red cherries? I always have a heater on in their tank, but I'm not averse to switching off and saving electricity either :p

I don't know much at all about cherries I'm afraid.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Hi Lindy, can I ask if this also goes for red cherries? I always have a heater on in their tank, but I'm not averse to switching off and saving electricity either :p
Cherries will survive down to 6 degrees but only flourish above 18 and below 26 or so.

Hi!

I'm gonna be repeating myself on three separate journals but this tank has now been taken down.

In fact all 4 tanks in this room have been taken down and sold. No further pics I'm afraid.

They have been / will be replaced with 2 Dennerle Scapers tanks and two Do! Aqua plant glass 'cubes' for Wabi-Kusa.

New journals will be up in the near future.

Andy

Hi Andy I liked the tanks as they where. So to change them mate. Must be a great project.
Can t wait to see results mate. Take care fred

Back