• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

List of good LED fixtures

The regular single white colored leds are pretty stable in their lifespan.. But the RGB's are somewhat more fragile, i gues it's because of their size.. For example a single color of a 5050 or what ever size is just one single chip, a RGB 5050 is 3 very small chips cramped up in the same size housing. They kinda burn out sooner, probably a heat issue. All RGB strips i have show inconsistancies after a few months 24/7 burning hours.

RGB is a nice feature for creating ambient colors but it has little extra positive effect on plant growth.. If i had to buy a branded unit i definitely would not choose one with RGB in it. Since even if you want to create a moonlight ambiance at night, still a very dim white light looks 10 x more natural then any other color especialy blue is very unatural. RGB is fun to play with if you DIY make some for a few euros and easy can replace a € 5 strip. Not so easy to fix this in branded units i guess.

Beamswork. Have one for nano. Currently stored away waiting for next nano inspiration. But fairly cheap and great it is

How could i forget Beamswork :rolleyes:
When i was looking for LED fixture i came by Beamswork through Ebay. They look pretty good but i just could't tell if they where just as good or better then Chihiros/ADA & MasWas fixtures.
I looked up your journals but the pictures are gone. Wanted to see you results with this fixture...

How could i forget Beamswork :rolleyes:
When i was looking for LED fixture i came by Beamswork through Ebay. They look pretty good but i just could't tell if they where just as good or better then Chihiros/ADA & MasWas fixtures.
I looked up your journals but the pictures are gone. Wanted to see you results with this fixture...

Hi, thanks for response :)

Here is one of my projects with beamswork only (hi-lumen 1000)

https://m.flickr.com/#/photos/lkzgraphy/sets/72157655997198483/

And another one with it used as supportive light along with T5's (until it was replaced with Radion)

https://m.flickr.com/#/photos/lkzgraphy/sets/72157653613213618/

Attachments

• 947268image873.jpg
    947268image873.jpg
    769.5 KB · Views: 138
  • 947268image873.jpg
    947268image873.jpg
    769.5 KB · Views: 138
  • 947268image873.jpg
    947268image873.jpg
    769.5 KB · Views: 139
  • 947268image873.jpg
    947268image873.jpg
    769.5 KB · Views: 131
Hi guys, Can someone recommend a 4ft budget led light and where to find a trusted retailer please?
I've toyed with the idea of buying an aquarien eco from eBay but I'm just trusting of the Chinese sellers and the shipping times...please help I kinda need one for next week as I'll be starting to plant the new tank over the weekend.
Cheers

was just going to suggest Beamswork until I seen it at the bottom of the list there :) cracking little fixtures, cheap and very powerful; though not my first option if I had the cash to spend on dimmable light instead

I also have the Aqualighter 2 and its really good light. The problem is dimming :( does use CREE and its really nice and bright.

Odoslané z môjho iPad cez Tapatalk

I also have the Aqualighter 2 and its really good light. The problem is dimming :( does use CREE and its really nice and bright.

Odoslané z môjho iPad cez Tapatalk

I am reading up on the Aqualighter 3. I find this really an interesting fixture;
530_0.jpg

530_1.jpg

This fixture should give you 4300 lumen with this single LED strip with different colors. Sunrise, Sunset and Moon capabilities. ADA's Aquasky 601 gives you 2850 lumens and is not controllable.

This one looks like the real deal :thumbup:

I just want to say it is difficult to judge a light by the lumens alone. Lumens are a mesure of visible light to human eye, not plants. Plants use light quite differently.

There are the PAR/PURs which are better measures even so, personally the best way i saw was to try the light for many months and see the plant's response.

Michel.

Fluval Aquasky.

If like me you like the look of the hood that came with your aquarium, the LED units have snap on fittings which allow you to utilise your existing light bar to mount the LED units. Units are adjustable length wise so probably very handy for Juwel hoods

Just fitted two 30w units to my Fluval Roma 240, so far I'm very happy.

Back