• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

20x8x8

Aqua360

Hi all,

I got my 20x8x8 optiwhite the other day, and decided to dedicate my night tonight to aquascaping it :)

Hope you enjoy, this is a low tech set-up, weeping moss, Anubias petite, and Monte Carlo; whether it succeeds or not, we'll see :) its going to house some red cherry shrimp

IMG_20160909_184800.jpg
IMG_20160909_191825.jpg
IMG_20160909_195847.jpg
IMG_20160909_203914.jpg
IMG_20160909_184800.jpg
IMG_20160909_191825.jpg
IMG_20160909_195847.jpg
IMG_20160909_203914.jpg
IMG_20160910_013325.jpg
IMG_20160910_013518.jpg

Aqua360, this is great! The shape of the tank looks great. The hardscape is really good, excellent stones and wood. You've placed them really well. Very natural.

Do you feel a but coming up ... (Sorry)?

I've had more success with Anubias Petite since I've moved it into the shade. Have you considered moving the Anubias into the hollow under the driftwood? It looks great as it is. I'm just wondering if you may have less algae issues, if the light is too bright for the Anubias where they are.

As you say, it is low tech so light may be lower anyway.

Sorry to sound negative. I think it's envy. Well jell(ous), as my kids would say!

Aqua360, this is great! The shape of the tank looks great. The hardscape is really good, excellent stones and wood. You've placed them really well. Very natural.

Do you feel a but coming up ... (Sorry)?

I've had more success with Anubias Petite since I've moved it into the shade. Have you considered moving the Anubias into the hollow under the driftwood? It looks great as it is. I'm just wondering if you may have less algae issues, if the light is too bright for the Anubias where they are.

As you say, it is low tech so light may be lower anyway.

Sorry to sound negative. I think it's envy. Well jell(ous), as my kids would say!

That's a very good point Andy, I think you are spot on :D will have a play about later and see how this looks, I'd also worried a little about it, but needed to hear it from someone else lol!

You should replace that anubia with some microsorum trident or mini and put some anubia mini in the shady part under the woods between the stones. ;)

You should replace that anubia with some microsorum trident or mini and put some anubia mini in the shady part under the woods between the stones. ;)

I think the trident is too tall, I have some sitting there as well. Is really low at that point, bit of a tough one for me lol

That should do the trick. However where i did the same as you i still got high spikes of NO3 and ammonia. You could test the water and if values are ok then you really know you filters work :]

Very good point, I've used the substrate in this tank in the past though; so I'm hoping it doesn't leech much ammonia

Update on this, shrimp are alive and well; no losses (yet!) :D

Feeding time at the zoo lol

Still not 100% happy with the Anubias placement etc, might try some buce for the first time soon :)

IMG_20160913_234929.jpg

Back