• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Anubias Flowering.. Underwater?

KarthikC

Hello All,

I have my anubias barteri (?) flowering underwater in the goldfish tank. I have NEVER seen this before. Is this normal/has anyone experienced this? I would like to know.. Thanks in advance. Here is a pic:

29691035135_4b8866ef07.jpg

Cheers,

Karthik

Hello, I have an Anubis nana and that flowers every so often, I'm sure it's signs that the plant is happy and healthy :D

That's great. I think goldfish waste is doing them a world of good. Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is something realy nice many people already experienced :), (except me :( ) last one i red on UKAPS was i believe from @Martin in China .. While ago i red a discussion about it on a German aquatic plant forum.. The main point of the discussion was what triggers it, while some anubias flower realy easy and a lot while others in the same tank don't. And with in other tanks it never does. Bottom line is, it still is a little mystery, some think it's phosphate / potassium levels triggering it to grow flowers, which would be an obvious answer since plants use these macros a lot while flowering and or cary fruit (seeds). :thumbup:

I cannot see the pics since I'm at work, not sure how big your Anubias is but you could just cut the rhizome in two and then you'd have two Anubias to grow =D

I bought one from P@H say maybe 2011, I know have about 8 decent sized and healthy Anubias from that!

Back