• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Biotopia?

yeah, looks like really good quality, I'm almost suspicious at the price! delivery approx. £3 as well, 24hr courier...
I don't really think the price is that low... the aquarium with the light is around £80... I bought my Fluval Chi for less (almost half) than that. £30/£40 just for the tank seems ok.

I don't really think the price is that low... the aquarium with the light is around £80... I bought my Fluval Chi for less (almost half) than that. £30/£40 just for the tank seems ok.

I suppose lol

yeah, looks like really good quality, I'm almost suspicious at the price! delivery approx. £3 as well, 24hr courier...

Well, this seems (another) Chinese brand. This does not mean they are bard; it just means do not expect the same quality than an ADA Cube garden, of course, but three years guarantee seems very good. Said that, most of glassware in the hobby is highly overpriced. Even for some people this could be surprising, shops are getting about 10% of profit only when selling aquariums or glass elements. Rest goes to distributor/fabricant, and costs of productions are really low in comparison. Many Chinese brands are simply reducing their margins to get more competitive prices...apart from reduced production costs in the country, of course. With all this I say that aquarium seems a good shot. And even if it is not perfect or does not last for long, it is very cheap.

Cheers,

Manuel

True kadoxu, but I would also consider the light unit with this biotopia is rated in lumen, a more useful measure with regard to PAR & better for plant growth than the fluval stock lighting (not a criticism of your setup or Fluval - I love my Spec V but replacing the light added to the initial outlay).

The light compared to the Chihiros A-series/Aquasky would maybe be a better comparison? Wonder if this has a dimmer?

Tank only & delivery price do seem too good to be true - for UK companies this usually increases sharply when you mention 'offshore' locations like where I am in Northern Ireland...:D

I would say that the main thing here is... it's a new company... it's always a risk.

I would email them with a few questions and see how fast they reply and how well they handle it...

Depending on interpretation it can be a good or a bad sign that all the tanks are sold out...

They have a 100% score on Ebay... so that's a good sign...

I would say that the main thing here is... it's a new company... it's always a risk.

I would email them with a few questions and see how fast they reply and how well they handle it...

Depending on interpretation it can be a good or a bad sign that all the tanks are sold out...

They have a 100% score on Ebay... so that's a good sign...

they were all sold out when i e-mailed, getting back in 5/6 weeks. Also gave me a large discount. We'll see how this turns out

I was intrigued by the wacker glue claim for the seams, since it looks like very clean work; hopefully have an update for you guys in 5-6 weeks time :)

Ooh, an Ebay storefront - incentive to spend more money increasing...
That makes 2 of us! :lol:

I was intrigued by the wacker glue claim for the seams, since it looks like very clean work; hopefully have an update for you guys in 5-6 weeks time :)
I'll start preparing the Mrs. while I wait for your feedback... :angelic:

Back