• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Working presure Valve fluctuating

Mark Green

Hi co2art,

Hope you can help, I currently have a dual stage regulator and ive noticed the working presure needle keeps fluctuating from 20bar to 40 bar. This is causing the bubble rate to go really fast to really slow. This is happening when the co2 is turned on and working. This is happening every second, so one second I get 1 Bubble and then the next second it climbs to 6 bubbles.

What would you advise?

Thx

Mark

Last edited:
I have had this and it is due to:

- Long lengths of CO2 tubing between needle valve and rest of CO2 apparatus. The long length pressurises, the diffuser then "burps" out CO2, long length pressurises and it repeats every second or two. Make all tubing only as long as necessary.
- Using none CO2 rated tubing.
- A leak somewhere.
- A leak somewhere.
- A leak somewhere.
- A leak somewhere.
- A leak somewhere.

Points 3 onwards are usually the issue.

I have had this and it is due to:

- Long lengths of CO2 tubing between needle valve and rest of CO2 apparatus. The long length pressurises, the diffuser then "burps" out CO2, long length pressurises and it repeats every second or two. Make all tubing only as long as necessary.
- Using none CO2 rated tubing.
- A leak somewhere.
- A leak somewhere.
- A leak somewhere.
- A leak somewhere.
- A leak somewhere.

Points 3 onwards are usually the issue.
You need to check all connections with soapy water!
Cheers hoggie

Will check again when I get home.

Checked again for leaks today and found a small leak pre- regulator. Slapped some silicone around the joint and problem solved. Will keep an eye on this for the next week or two.

Just goes to show that even though I had checked twice before for leaks, it's worth checking again.

Be very careful about using silicone on plastic parts as in my experience it can often cause the plastic to craze and fall apart into millions of tiny peices...happened first to my bubble counter followed shorty by one way valve and obviously leaks...

Be very careful about using silicone on plastic parts as in my experience it can often cause the plastic to craze and fall apart into millions of tiny peices...happened first to my bubble counter followed shorty by one way valve and obviously leaks...

So won't be using on plastic in the near future, cheers the advice.

The silicone is touching metal only, its where the metal co2 tube coming from the co2bottle joins the regulator that is metal or whatever metal co2 art make their dual Regulators with.

Back