• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Hi

Tonka

Seedling
Hi All,

I've been reading the forum for a while but haven't registered before, but have now.

I have a Jewel Trigon 190 (about 5 years) and have just started CO2 injection a week or so ago. I'm not finding it too easy! I'm currently reading up on the subject. I started off at about 1 bps and are still building up from there. Today I have managed to get the DC to go green-ish but am injecting about 6 or 7 bps (difficult to count! maybe more) which seems like a lot of gas to me. Not sure why this is yet, any ideas would be welcome.

Hi and welcome.
I take no notice of the bps.Every bubble counter is different ;).

i personally wouldn't be too concerned, I have a planted tank, running with C02 at around 2-3 BPS, my C02 drop checker is green ish and the plants are growing crazy, its about finding the balance between lighting,c02 and ferts (if dosing)

I've got 2 x T5 (28 watts each I think), liquid fert and I have root tabs ready to put in this weekend when I water change. Would you say the lighting is adequate and how long should I get out of a 2kg CO2 bottle?

Would you say the lighting is adequate and how long should I get out of a 2kg CO2 bottle

Below is a graph of number of days I get per 2KG FE on 180litres for a green/yellow drop checker on for 8 hours a day . You should get similar.
upload_2016-9-30_8-40-57.png

Guess which bits indicate I had leaks in my CO2 !!!! (23 days for 1 FE !!!!).

Attachments

• upload_2016-9-30_8-40-17.png
    upload_2016-9-30_8-40-17.png
    21 KB · Views: 80
Back