• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Escape

I have now 2 new "friends" :)

A pair of Bluefin Nothobranch

30014173331_ceb555f20f_z.jpg

29802622880_07b9958ea6_z.jpg

Lovely fish - just remember to collect & store eggs so you'll have fish next year :)

I've noticed when shops sell killifish, they rarely mention that they tend to be annual fish, some species do live longer in aquaria, but many are still quite short lived

There may be a killi fish group/club in your area

Decided to take back the rainbow dwarfs to LFS. I hope these will be the last changes in live stock. No more "big" fish. With tiny ones this one does not loose the right proportions

Instead.. took home 5 Scarlet Badis

30080584352_6c7d48abac_z.jpg

Some moss update.. lets go above..

30080584662_b2e4ee7bfe_z.jpg

30080583752_36ca5ce34b_c.jpg

And FTS

29899299780_8ec7e562ec_z.jpg

No more "big" fish. With tiny ones this one does not loose the right proportions
:D

so easy when you're in the shops & see a lovely fish :wideyed: :wideyed: :wideyed: to lose perspective & bring it home ;)

Scarlet badis are stunning fish - though usually just the dominant male shows intense colors - did you get any females too?

Who knows. Lol. I'll let them settle in to see how they go about the colour. I'm not an expert in sexing them :)

Yeah. Impulsive buys are the worst ones.lol

Really nice scape you have there! I like it a lot. Just be carefull with the heater. They like to stop working if they are like in your stand. I think also the manufakturer recomends to have it the way up because there were too many claims for this heaters stoped working. Good luck

Thanks for heads up. So far, so good. 3 years with no issues regardless of its position :)

the females are fairly dull.
the females have a subtle beauty ;)

:oops: couldn't resist

Shops generally have the option to order in all males or mix of male/female ... as they rarely ship in, females sell well
AFAIK these fish still tend to be mostly wild caught

Wow badis!! Those are so rare in Australia. How much did you pay?

Back