• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

New member, new planted tank.

Lovely update - thanks for sharing ☺ I must admit I have this tank in storage for a future project & lovely to see yours progressing so well ☺ Well done! ( Doubt I'll have the same success...)

I must admit I have this tank in storage for a future project

I'd like to see that, do you have any ideas on what light you are going to use? Do you have the cabinet? mine is the Inspire 40, it fits perfect.
Also you may want to know I cut my glass cover into three pieces so as to make a clear gap for the light. It cut really clean with an ordinary glass cutter, then I just cut down the plastic supports to match. I was going to use the excess plastic supports left over to raise my light if needed as it fits the sides of the tank as well as the thinner top glass cover. Luckily my light isn't powerful enough to need raising.

That's a great idea with the lid, diy isn't my strong point so I'd definitely not achieve such a neat job! I do hope to get the same cabinet, will also get an external filter (either the ecco pro or jbl cristalprofi) :) Lightwise I hope to use this http://www.hinterfeld.com/uk-chihir...-lamp-12-39w-plant-fish-shrimp-light-20-60cm/ I have it on a Fluval Spec V & have been happy using - I like the dimmer on it, very handy :) & it's very reasonably priced :)

That's a pretty powerful light, it's 4 times the lumen output of mine. Are you going to be growing difficult plants then?

I'm not hoping to do anything too challenging - but its easier to use it on a lower setting or use floating plants & if I want to try more demanding plants I can increase the intensity as required :)

Quick update, still no algae, EI dosing has made my plants fill out well. The balance seems to be about right after nearly 3 months.
Some pictures.

P1010721 (800x600).jpg
P1010724 (800x600).jpg
P1010730 (800x600).jpg

Thanks for looking.

Back