• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

List of good LED fixtures

14435174_1089288351152386_4147532341418382708_o.jpg
14379880_1078547292226492_3801012673553603613_o.jpg
I just want to say it is difficult to judge a light by the lumens alone. Lumens are a mesure of visible light to human eye, not plants. Plants use light quite differently.

There are the PAR/PURs which are better measures even so, personally the best way i saw was to try the light for many months and see the plant's response.

Michel.

I agree. In fact the PUR is the perfect measure. A good par meters will read more or less between 400 to 700nm. This way, if you have a strong green spectrum (brightness to our eyes), plants will not grow well, however the PAR meter will read it ;)
Also how the plants and fish look to our eyes is very important. The real fish and plant color rendering is expected in my opinion... and some just photoshop it if you see it carefully

Please can you write me e-shop for twinstar ligth 600e ???
Have somebody an experience with this light? I would like to buy light from premium brand and I can not choise between ADA Aqusky 601, Chihiros Crystal 601 .... and now Twinstar ligth 600e.
thank you for help

Last edited:
Hi, I just thought I'd mention that the Chihiros has 2 ranges - the Aquasky & the A series.

I'm really happy with my A Series A-501
Luminous Flux: 4800pm
For 50cm long tank
£41.00

Fluval Aquasky.

If like me you like the look of the hood that came with your aquarium, the LED units have snap on fittings which allow you to utilise your existing light bar to mount the LED units. Units are adjustable length wise so probably very handy for Juwel hoods

Just fitted two 30w units to my Fluval Roma 240, so far I'm very happy.

Thanks for your suggestion. There are lots of other "fixtures" suitable for in-hood use. Though i intended this thread to be just for LED fixtures used for aquascaping. You know, those that are good quality and pleasing to the eye. I have added Fluval Fresh & plant 2.0 LED which is their aquascaping fixture.

There are the PAR/PURs which are better measures even so, personally the best way i saw was to try the light for many months and see the plant's response.

Very true! I named the lumens because Aqualighter did not put the PAR value on their website.

@Ricardo Romão Those are gorgeous pictures. I am curious how this product wil be received.

Would anyone know if and when these are available in the UK?

60cm will cost around 115€ without VAT.

This means that you may have a high quality RGB solution with full spectrum, between 400nm to 700nm, for less than 150€!!!

Furthermore:
  • All solutions are optimized for the different tank sizes;
  • Now you can see the real plant and fish color due to the wide color gamut;
  • You don't have to worry about dimming because their specifications allow you to grow plants that don't like much bright;
  • Last generation Samsung and Nichia LEDs;
  • Special Materials to optimize heat dissipation;
  • Made in Korea.

Back