• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Where are you from?

I'm from Chiswick (West London) but haven't lived there for many years.

Now live in a sleepy, alchohol driven village in West Leicestershire, between Market Harborough, Melton Mowbray and Leicester (Leicester is a hole, so I only really know my way around it). Village I live in is great!

What's the village called Simon?

I'm from a little village called Wallacestone,about 2 miles out of Falkirk as the crow flies.Our park at the top of the road is a vantage point or something,I think the eleventh best in the country or something like that (somebody told me a long time ago,it has a weird sundial/ordnance suvery thingy set in a stone there),you can see for miles (obviously we're up the Braes).
This was supposedly where William Wallace gathered his troops and planned his attack before the battle of Falkirk.There's a monument for him in the park and all the streets here are named after places and people related to him.

Goodygumdrops said:
What's the village called Simon?

It's called Billesdon.

Population about 750. Two pubs, our own community Post Office (meaning it's been bought by the locals, so they can't close that one!), shop that sells virtually anything you need (the size of my front room, therefore small), fish and chip van comes round twice a week and a mobile library visits occassionally. Just up the road is The Coplow (highest point between here and heading east the Ural mountains in Russia).

Not far from the most central point in England. I could'nt be farther from the sea unless I moved country.

Thomas McMillan said:
Wilis said:

...is that a place? :bored:

Hi-funnily enough yes-take it you don't do much travelling or reading then!? Conwy County, but it's named after a famous walled town with a castle built by Edward the 1st (along with Criccieth, Caernarfon etc) called Conwy,also Telford's suspension bridge leads over to it & there's a town called Llandudno nearby. Conwy gets visitors from all over the world esp with a backdrop like Snowdonia National Park-you're gonna tell me you've never heard of that now aren't you!? :lol: Type Conwy into google n see what's out there-the UK's not that big you know!

N my name's Will (Or Wilis)- so why's it say Conwy Conwy on the list? :?:

Regards
Will

Much appreciated :D
Also I feel an apology is in order-didn't realise you were 16! :lol:

mjw1476 said:
Kent, apparently theres no one else from the garden of england!!

Whereabouts in Kent are you? I used to live there, Gillingham to be precise. Still got friends and family there. Some friends went to Priestfield to see the Gills lose to Aston Villa, although they put up a good fight by all accounts.

We used to say that if Kent was the garden of England, then Medway was the compost bin!

Back