• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

My double aquarium stand

Kakarot

Hey everyone!
I've been designing a stand that I'll be building in the next few weeks and I'm just curious what people think of the design and if they'd do anything differently. I'm a carpenter so there's no concern about the weight side of things.
The top aquarium is a 90L x 50H x 36D cm and the bottom is a 60L x 30H x 30D cm
Its going to be made from pine

stand.jpg
Untitled.png

Due to budget restrictions I'll be using internal equipment for the time being, but there'll be a hidden area under the main tank for all the plugs. As for space restrictions.. I have measured the gap above the smaller aquarium and I should be ok with it, I'll be siphoning the water out and back in again so there should be enough room for that.
We're looking to move house in the next couple of years so this is only a go between setup, my end goal is either a 120 x 60 x 60cm or a 180 x 60 x 60cm, the largest that will fit.
Thanks for the ideas guys.

I wonder if anyone could help please.
I have 2x250L aquariums and I would like to stack one on top of the other but cannot find a purpose built stand.
Does anyone know where I could either buy one or if anyone has had one made to measure.
The measurements of the tanks are 100cm wide, 51 cm high and 40cm deep.
Thank s for you’ll your help Ruth

I have 2x250L aquariums and I would like to stack one on top of the other but cannot find a purpose built stand.
Does anyone know where I could either buy one or if anyone has had one made to measure.

Something like this should do it

Have a read at this recent post , but do consider space around the tanks for access .
Racking recommendations?

Back