• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Ada 60F -go with the flow- nature aquarium

tank looks great! Really like the shallow scapes, especially when there's something sticking out of the top. Trying to avoid looking at the lisbon pics because I'm going soon, haha

Could we/I get more pics of your light stand? I've been trying to think of a DIY one and actually bought some of that copper pipe not too long ago. Have you used a pipe bender? And is it solid? Also, final Q, how have you attached it to the cabinet? Just some u-shaped clips and then the end of the pipe rests on the floor?

Hope to see this planted soon!

Hi Guys,

As for the light stand, I've used a pipe bender at my work to bend it twice, and I've attached it to the cabinet with screwed clips (see pics) for pipes.

The Led is suspended with fishing line, because it's very light (chihiros aquasky 451 without the plexi support), and fishing line is unobtrusive to the eye.

Lastly, I've painted the copper pipe with some plastidip to avoid oxydation.

mini_810290photo2.jpg
197521photo1.jpg

It seems solid but I wouln't suspend an HQI to this. :lol:

I'll plant this next sunday. :cool:

fair enough! i've just got a flimsy UP aqua fitting so should be good, think I might copy you (minus the dip- gonna keep an eye on the copper finish).

thanks. Not long til sunday!

Thanks my friend, front picture still to come, water has to become clearer at the end of the day, let's hope it grows fine. :)

Back