• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

New to monte carlo

Planted Bows

Just a quick one guys.

Ca I plant thi with a full tank of water or does it need emersed growing first?

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

Hi :) sure you can but i think it will be a bit difficult, much easier to plant monte carlo or any other carpet plant before you fill the tank with water.

Wondered this too, I think dry start is most effective but you can plant in a regular filled tank also. Any plant that grows emmersed can take time to submerged conditions anyway so if you plant submerged to begin with you wouldn't have to worry about this at a later stage...

I just planted some Monte Carlo in my established aquarium. Its growing well. You may need co2 tho to establish it from emersed to submersed.

I've planted it in non co2 tanks, just ferts; and it's grown well, it's a lot hardier than I think a lot of people realise, myself included.

I have a high tech setup. However my lights are a little on the low side. I have dwarf hairgrass in there atm but it's not doing so well..plus I love the look of MC. My idea is to up the lighting and then replant

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

I bought some of the Tropica 1-2-Grow Monte Carlo whilst I was in the LFS picking up some low tech plants (narrowly avoiding picking up a CO2 system...)

Will it survive at low light with no CO2 and just spread slower or will it die off? Will it benefit / suffer from dosing Excel?

Monte Carlo is classified "medium category" - which means it will need a fairly good light level and a bit of added CO2, to guaranteed thrive well.
It is, however, one of the least demanding "carpeting plants" and will sometimes do acceptable in low-ish light levels and without added CO2.
- I guess you will have to practice your patience + wait and see........

Back