• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Tangled Roots

Hi,
I'm back with a short update.

I increased the dose of fertilizer Dennerle Scaper Green at 4 ml/day, Dennerle NPK Booster at 4ml/day and Easy Carbo at 5 ml/day , also the addition of CO2 to 3 bps, I had some problems with Fuzz algae . Now it appears that is giving back, I tend to think that 2 bps was not enough although the permanent CO2 test was yellow when I was using 2 bps .

I also added a few new plants here and there, including Anubias Nana Pinto and Pangolino .

And here's the pic taken yesterday with my phone , hope you like it:
29810519452_c322934d12_z.jpg

Fantastic shape, I've given you my vote if that helps what have you planted in the sand in the foreground?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

It's amazing ! Such nice scape !!! Can I ask you what the grey stuff in the left corner? A surface skimmer?
Cheers Giorgio

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

It's amazing ! Such nice scape !!! Can I ask you what the grey stuff in the left corner? A surface skimmer?
Cheers Giorgio

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

Hi Giorgio , thanks for the nice words . ;)
Yes its a surface skimmer , Ocean Free Surf Clear to be much clear . I find it better for my needs than Eheim Skim 350 .

Hi Giorgio , thanks for the nice words . ;)
Yes its a surface skimmer , Ocean Free Surf Clear to be much clear . I find it better for my needs than Eheim Skim 350 .

What do you like about this particular skimmer over the Eheim skim 350? I was tossing up which skimmer to go with and have purchased the skim 350.

What do you like about this particular skimmer over the Eheim skim 350? I was tossing up which skimmer to go with and have purchased the skim 350.

Ok , so the main 3 things that influenced me to buy this one were:

1. It has a grid which can be mounted just to protect small fish or shrimp not be drawn in
2. Easy really easy to clean , is no need to get him out of the water to reach the sponge to clean it
3. The water current is dispersed without disturbing surrounding plants

But if you will watch this video , you'll figure out for yourself:

P.S. I hope that's not considered advertise

thanks for the info on the skimmer bbogdan, it does look like a better product than the skim 350, tho ive already purchased two of them! Perhaps I will make the change one day.

First one question: is it true that the Lilly pipe decreases the rating flow of the filter ? Because the Jbl original hoses are driving me insane and I want to change it with a glass one or a steel one as the attached picture. Second I really need a surface skimmer for the top of my tank which is now a mess .......I was undecided between the eheim skim 350 or the Lilly pipe with the surface skimmer built in it ( but it's too complicated to clean it......). Honesty this looks really well designed and easy to use/clean better than the Eheim. On the other hand the Eheim one looks like it will increase a little the water flow which could be helpful. All this is driving me insane ........:nailbiting::banghead:o_O:facepalm: I think I should open a new thread in the
Filters, Filtration and Pumps section ....

Cheers Giorgio

12801488_575109295975593_769723099082226091_n.jpg

First one question: is it true that the Lilly pipe decreases the rating flow of the filter ? Because the Jbl original hoses are driving me insane and I want to change it with a glass one or a steel one as the attached picture. Second I really need a surface skimmer for the top of my tank which is now a mess .......I was undecided between the eheim skim 350 or the Lilly pipe with the surface skimmer built in it ( but it's too complicated to clean it......). Honesty this looks really well designed and easy to use/clean better than the Eheim. On the other hand the Eheim one looks like it will increase a little the water flow which could be helpful. All this is driving me insane ........:nailbiting::banghead:o_O:facepalm: I think I should open a new thread in the
Filters, Filtration and Pumps section ....

Cheers Giorgio

View attachment 91517

I don't thing the lily pipes are decreasing the rating flow of the filter , never heard of it! anyways in my case they don't! ... instead the hoses ( Do not confuse them with lilys or inlet/outlet ! ) if they are lower quality they tend to clog more quickly (also I've heard that is the issue with JBL hoses) . So change the hoses with a better quality ! (Eheim or ADA should do very well)

Lovely! I see you moved the diffuser to the back of the tank, any reason?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Thanks Bex ,
The reason was the aesthetic one at first but now it seems that it's practical too, because the flow it's much stronger in that corner and that way the fine co2 bubles are better spread in the tank , so I get a better dissolution. :)

Back