• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Urgent...

AlexH

Hey guys

Did a water change and whilst getting the syphon going i swallowed some water :((

No fish.. ada substrate and biofilm on wood. Medium levels of ammonia and nitrates...

Will it be harmful?? :,( first time water changer #noobie

Thanks

Last week when emptying my tank one off my fish decided to have babies lots off babies, the only way to get the out was to have a piece off hose and suck the little puppies outing the hose, a few times i sucked too hard and swallowed.
Yum mini sprats.
Im still here and sort off ok.

I only regret that whatever it´s in the water doens´t make my hair grow !! :) Cause if it did i drink Estimative index as for beer!! Eh eh
No arm at all friend :)

Hey guys

Did a water change and whilst getting the syphon going i swallowed some water :((

No fish.. ada substrate and biofilm on wood. Medium levels of ammonia and nitrates...

Will it be harmful?? :,( first time water changer #noobie

Thanks

May not be relevant but I once ate elephant poo & I'm still here! :what::lol:

I've also taken part in "Bokdrol Spoek" (Google it)

Maybe would be concerned if using something like metricide but other than that,,I've swallowed worse
.Fried,chocolate covered Grass hopper's anyone?

:lol:

I've swallowed my share of tank water in the past :hungover: but not any more.

I fill the hose with water, thumb over each end - or even just bucket end, just hold the other end higher

One end in tank, the other in a bucket, and release the thumbs.

Of course if it's wine or beer, syphoning is the absolute best method, no point in depriving yourself :p

I work in a fish shop, I swallow (sometimes really stinking) fish water on a daily basis. I'm still typing.

Hey Tom, where do you work? I remember seeing a thread with some of your tanks in Edinburgh, have you since moved? It would be cool to pop in and meet you!

I worked in Fishkeeper Leith for a couple of years ;)

Back