• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Moving from Sodastream to FE

Worshiper

Hi UKAPS people,

As the title says: I want to move from the soda stream system to an FE system as it's getting too expensive for me at the mo.

Do you know what parts/paraphernalia I would need as compared to the one I currently have.

I currently have:

1. Sodastream adaptor(I surely wont need this)

2. Solenoid connected to the pressure gauges with a bubble counter(the bubble counter will need to also go as it is vertically set and will be horizontal as per the FE set up?)

Many thanks all :)

Should fit straight on,once the Sodastream adaptor is off.
What reg are you using ?.

The one from Co2supermarket.
co2-regulator-dual-gauge-solenoid-vertical-valves-front.jpg

Hi @Worshiper

Yes I can confirm all of the regulators we sell (including the one you have) will attach directly to a CO2 fire extinguisher.

Thanks,

Martin
CO2 Supermarket

Thanks Martin.. the only issue I have is the regulator goes vertical on the soda stream but will need to be horizontal on the fire extinguisher which will render my bubble counter useless.. is there a way to removing the bubble counter and connecting the tube directly to the regulator??

Hello @Worshiper yes indeed, that will be a problem, and the only solution really is to switch to an 'inline' style of bubble counter.

FYI: it's for this reason we always recommend (if asked) that if there's a chance of switching to a larger cylinder in future it's worthwhile 'future-proofing' and opting for the regulator that will attach to horizontal cylinders and use the 'advanced SodaStream adapter' which has a horizontal output. That way the regulator can still use the 'regulator bubble counter' in either scenario.

http://www.co2supermarket.co.uk/co2-regulator-horizontal-valves-p181.html

http://www.co2supermarket.co.uk/sodastream-adapter-advanced-p171.html

Hi Martin,

Are fire extinguishers horizontal cylinders?

Thanks
The co2 outlet is to the side of the FE connected to the horn. Your regularlor will be horizontal as opposed to the sodastream cylinder which has the outlet at the top of the cylinder.

Back