• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Escape

Really nice little fish, do you have food cultures for them? Would love a couple but waiting to see how consistent my lfs is at getting the live food in! :)

I feed my fish with variety of frozen only. Live food isnot handy to get and I don't have enough time (or willingness:) to culture my own.

5 of whatever the going currency seems to be their pricepoint ;)

They seem to adapt easily enough to various foods - but it needs to be small enough & readily available for some foraging time ... they don't compete well with more voracious feeding fish, so tend to do best longterm in limited community tanks with carefully chosen tankmates

Time for a quick update.

2 months no scissors..

Also changed my fertilisation approach and water change regime. As I have no demanding plants I thought this should work: Water changes only 2x a month and only 25%. Fertilisation significantly reduced - adding ferts every 3rd day and 2x less amount from what I dosed before. Lights - Only one LED unit ON for 6 hours daily. Co2 stayed untouched, same as before - up to the max limits. Moved back to APS filter booster on filter output to inject co2 via canister (reactor).

Tank is lush with all that moss untouched by scissors. Pellia moss is slowly taking over the bottom foreground..

30800492345_b95aa3b342_c.jpg

30683564072_3b58e22111_z.jpg
30711878561_16d4fa98dd_z.jpg

30800492865_69556eb56a_c.jpg

30683563652_6e29a52eb7_c.jpg

30711878421_5f3b05b545_z.jpg

thanks for cheking-in ;)

Hi, love the pics and the tank! :clap:

Are the axelrodia riesei schooling? Are they shy? I'm searching nano schooling fishes for my Ada 60F

Thanks for compliments,

Wild Ruby are bit lazy to shoal, but they do. The best shoaling fish I ever had was Ember Tetras. Wild rubies needs some dominant fish spiecies in the tank to be affraid of to shoal more. Ember tetras were shoaling 24/7 on their own

Thanks for compliments,

Wild Ruby are bit lazy to shoal, but they do. The best shoaling fish I ever had was Ember Tetras. Wild rubies needs some dominant fish spiecies in the tank to be affraid of to shoal more. Ember tetras were shoaling 24/7 on their own

Thanks for the answer, and yes, Ember are awesome shoaling fishes, but can also be very shy, that´s why I'm asking.
;)

Stunning tank
- for me it evokes old growth forest, it just gets better & better

Those wild ruby tetra's do an exceptional job of playing least in sight :wideyed:

Back