• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

oh my!

the lake in my local town froze and at lunch me and some of my mates, went and played ice hocky and football on it for a laugh. we were like skating on it, just with out flat soled shoes! we were halfway across for like the 5th time and it cracked, we saw the crack go straight past us and to the other side, it was scary so we legged it so fast, even on ice. great fun though, never eaten a subway sitting in the middle of a frozen lake. :lol:

well we managed to get into a run - just! like in the ice age film where you see the crack, it was exactly like that and the noise was really wierd! it must have been 3 or 4 inches thick at least as we chucked a concrete paving slab at it corner first and it didnt even break through.

I was on a job at the Alwen Reservoir Damn yesterday and that has completely frozen up and is really thick where some parts have been cracked. didnt walk on it though as its well deep and I was the only one there so no chance of a rescue!

I was speaking to someone yesterday who gets the bus to work past Trafalgar Square and hey said the fountains were frozen!

aaronnorth said:
we legged it so fast

you must have some good grips on your shoes lol!

we have had no snow, and minimal ice, yet 5mins down the road outside my Aunties they have had the lot!

Not too bad here either! I haven't had to scrape my car for the last two days! Been a bit of ice on the pond though. I do have Madieran, Canary Island and other subtropicals here thought that survive outside, though I'm thinking this winter might finish them off!

Nick16 said:
well we managed to get into a run - just! like in the ice age film where you see the crack, it was exactly like that and the noise was really wierd! it must have been 3 or 4 inches thick at least as we chucked a concrete paving slab at it corner first and it didnt even break through.

Nice. :bored:

some pictures

DSC03414.jpg

im on the left!!

Image001.jpg

Asking for trouble. And also, AWWWWW I remember being that young. :twisted:

Being on the middle of a frozen lake, the further out you go the thinner the ice.

It was both emmerdale and eastenders that had someone go through a frozen lake(i dont like the soaps honest :lol: )

Good luck with that water change,think sunday for me up north is gona be alot warmer than it has been recently 10c,well thats what the weather man said but when do they get it right :lol:

Back