• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Journal Freds new pond build

Status
Not open for further replies.
Forgot to mention the sodium thiosulphate
It lasts for roughly 7 days.I am trickling in for around 25% water change a week. so what this means is the ST in the pond will slowly be diluted and trickled out.
so every 7 days I will be putting a tea spoon full back in. good stuff and cheap . Lasts ages a change. because any thing koi is bloody expensive.

here is my new microscope for scraping the fish to find
out what parasites or bacterial problems. does 3d viewing as well

upload_2016-11-2_15-48-22.png

upload_2016-11-2_15-51-40.png

as you can see i have had it out to learn how it works, it s bloody good

couple of photos of the fish took yesterday just to show there all ok. after ammonia spike.
new 15 inch gorommo whitish one. yami 10 inch and 19 inc chag.
upload_2016-11-2_15-55-28.png

from left to right gin rin 17 inch becco 11 inch orf gin rin tench 17 inch female
orf and 10 ochiba
upload_2016-11-2_15-58-33.png

thats it folk s all the best fred

rebel some of the fish are 18 years old mate some 11 years and some are between 1 and 2 years. take them 5 new one s they are 18 months to 2 years old.
and one is now 17 inch and the others are 15 to 16 inch. i have been giving the protein foods to bring them on. mine is not heated. that way you can bring them on quicker
that s why this batch i bought them bigger. because starting from a few days time they will not get fed now until spring.

kadoxu thanks for reading and liking it s nice to see a new face on my thread. which bit did you like mate the tests or the skimmer pipe fitting.
anyway mate nice to have met you in a kind of way. through this thread. take care all the best fred.

electrician comes tomorrow to wire the summer house in. and put my light behind the water fall shoot.

also my mate Shaun is coming to measure up my shed that is yet to be built. also a part of the wall that runs down the side of my house. to bring it to same height as the
new walls but this part will be rendered and painted to match the side of the house extension. i had built year before last.
also bought the hot tub one of them inflatables. not bad .

here is the hot tub inflatable spar bubbles as well ha ha. not my cup of tea. our lasses thing. hey but who knows ha ha
was £500.00 i got it for £100 bargain hey. of my mate Shaun only used twice. and NO the lovely looking girl does not come with it.
ha ha

upload_2016-11-3_16-13-58.png

my digital scales came today so i am upto scratch with all my nick nack s that are a must have in the koi game

upload_2016-11-3_16-22-56.png

thats it folks up to date. all the very best fred

nice one ian m and greenfinger2. also kadoxu glad you liked good to hear from you all
have a good un fred

regards the micro scope i got a bargin there mate roy, was 155 pounds got it for 75 pounds. i was looking for ages for one
all roughly 150 pounds up. i thought i aint paying that when i might only use it once a year. plus my two fellow pond friends have them so
i thought they could scrape them. but when i saw it more or less half price i thought i will have some of that.n haha
tou get two lenses a 10 size and a 16 size. slides tweezers a suction tube for liquids.a scraper plastic one. a bag for bagging up.
yeah good deal, i am getting addicted to that flea bay ha ha. all the best roy fred:lol::thumbup:

Last edited:
cheers dw. greenfinger2 roy, and nelson. got the electric cabling put in the summer house 2x movable lights on the outside.
not powered up yet. he is coming Monday afternoon. to move the main switch board inside and put my remote box on the front of the summer house.
so still to put strip light inside power up the light s and 2x sockets. my light for behind the waterfall will be delivered in two weeks time. so that s obviously on hold for now.
all the best fred

Hi manisha. Thanks for the reply. And thanks for liking my pond. Much appreciated. Can take about 2 years to fully mature the water and filters. Yes the scope. Never had a scope or looked in one. Never mind own one. I was doing scrapes of the side of my pond. Bits of alge. Just to practice with. It's a whole new world what you don t see . But in the scope. Something else. And no I have nt broken any slides yet haha. All the best Fred.

That's a shame, no way I could install something like this so is nice to see others super jobs! Hope the new additions have settled in well & electrical work on the summer house & tub go to plan! ☺

just for you manisha and i would like to thank from my heart all the people on here i have had the pleasure of being friendly with. all the best fred.
and have a great life and be lucky

remote installed on left front of summer house
and new lights on front of summer house they move
all remote control
upload_2016-11-11_6-16-12.png

a little larger pictue. i and my wife love it
hot tub installed. and main switch board and 2x double
water proof sockets. with main light installed
upload_2016-11-11_6-20-3.png

that s the end now completed folk s i will wish you all the best Fred

Last edited:
It's a shame to end it there Fred. You can see from this thread just how many of us watch and enjoy your enthusiastic posts. So it would be a pity to let it stop there. We all have people were not best friends with but there are so many people on here that are super friendly and helpful (your good self included), so it would be a sad to see you go.

Nice to hear that mort. and i think the same mate. but i am a man of my word mate. and a certain person made me lose it. and i aint normaly like that. in losing it mate. so i said i would quit. so i have. all the best mate and thanks for the nice word s mate take care fred

Also mort the build is now completed anyway mate. only the shed to go. so as far as the thread build goes it is the end anyway bud. all the best again fred

Nice to hear that mort. and i think the same mate. but i am a man of my word mate. and a certain person made me lose it. and i aint normaly like that. in losing it mate. so i said i would quit. so i have. all the best mate and thanks for the nice word s mate take care fred

Well in that case Fred, have a very happy retirement, enjoy the pond and enjoy the fish.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back