• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Product Review Home Bargains £4.99

dean

Hi all thought you I'd let you know that a very cheap light is available on the high street
I've bought 2 but no plans for them yet
Cheaper than eBay plus they are white not silver

839ac37ec3961bb283fd01722f30b979.jpg

4495a40c2a2c16f3b5b25dd894edac20.jpg

4f2c688616dfd6426bf86a7248eea9e2.jpg

68465fd7f2ae12b03a00e7ef35b64b3d.jpg

30a1e7e9aa34107a46bb8148bf9fb9d7.jpg

A loyalty/business card for scale

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Over the tank yet? Would be nice to see one over a setup to see how they look so pics please :thumbup: I do love a bargain.

They look like something put together in the man cave at the bottom of the garden....danged if I'd trust them around water.

Hi Dean, IP65 is only splash damp proof.. So long as there supports and fixings are good and will not come into direct contact with water there ok. I have been growing plants under Garden floodlighting lamps 6500k same rating IP 65 for a couple of years. Plants have grown well .These are fantastic lights for Wabi- Kusa too the plants did really well ;)

Thank you for posting the info:thumbup: Big plus with this model is there so slim :cool:

Hi Dean, Just had another thought. As there so slim you could use them for back lighting a tank.Also you could use a colour film to change the colour :wacky:

Ps I have a home bargains near me never new it was there. I Should get out more:) Will be popping in for a look round soon :thumbup:

Do you see that little yellow sticker with the lightning bolt?....know what it means?

Do you see that little yellow sticker with the lightning bolt?....know what it means?

Yes electrical danger

There's no plug on it either so I'd put a sticker on it too

Your death not mine...think the sticker is there because they thought a touch of sarcasm would help sell it? still... one way of ridding the world of 'stupid'

The fact that it has no plug fitted should send a bigger warning....its law in this country for electrical appliances to have a fitted (sealed) plug....which means it isnt for the uk market legitimately.

Last edited:
Your death not mine...think the sticker is there because they thought a touch of sarcasm would help sell it? still one way of ridding the world of 'stupid'

Hi Crusader, If you set things up properly the lights will never come into contact with water :)

One photo .Lots of people use theses lights to grow plants. So far I have never heard of a death in our hobby using them.

009_zpsprtjpbkh.jpg

Your death not mine...think the sticker is there because they thought a touch of sarcasm would help sell it? still... one way of ridding the world of 'stupid'

The fact that it has no plug fitted should send a bigger warning....its law in this country for electrical appliances to have a fitted (sealed) plug....which means it isnt for the uk market legitimately.

Thanks for your concern

Lighting is not required to have a plug fitted unless it's a portable item i.e. Table lamp

They are to be wired directly by a competent person

Back