• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

60L bialix's home tank - dragon stones + dirt substrate

Thank you Nuno for suggestion. Will try black background this weekend.
I'm not very satisfied with photos of this tank, I was about to send photo of this tank to EAPLC, but then chaned my mind.
I'll try with black, I hope it'll give me better picture.
Recently I switched light unit back to good ol T5 2*24W and I should admit I like color rendition (esp. green plants) better comparing to LED light.
I hope new RGB led units will produce better colors in real life and on photos too.

Unfortunately I'm going to finish this tank very soon. I have no idea, but it went down hill, a lot of BBA started to appear, I managed to overstock it with different fish, I want to change something.

Lovely setup! :)

How shy are your ember tetra? Are the other fishes acting as dithers?

Thanks

@CooKieS thanks, there are about ten nannostomus marginatus which are dither fish. Although embers still look a bit shy, but there is no really place to hide, so I can see them all the time. It's funny but it seems embers are actually more brave then galaxy rasboras, so they actually also dither fish for galaxies.

Last month I've pulled out all the rocks, and now the tank is only with plants, not many. Last night I saw my embers spawning in the tank, while pencils have good dinner with eggs. ;)

Wow that is amazing tank. Is it possible to take off co2 after the tank has grown in?
I don't think it would be a good idea to remove CO2 injection, because the light is quite strong and without CO2 I'd expect to get a lot of algaes. Also, I've never had long term success to keep ludwigia sp. super red in my tanks without CO2.

Sometimes it's hard to get good photo for contest, for different reasons. I don't satisfied with photo quality, and the work itself was not really great. That's life.
IAPLC 2017 - 1044 place

36305578132_b053d9b862_c.jpg
60x30x36 - IAPLC 2017 - 1044 place by Alexander, on Flickr

Last edited:
Back