• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Connecting regulator to FE

Worshiper

Hey guys,

Just needed to know if you keep your solenoid switched on and needle valve open when you connect the regulator to the fire extinguisher?

I just got an FE and needed to connect but read somewhere that the gas comes out with 300psi that it could damage the regulator if it isnt open!

Also, if it is in open position when the FE is released won't it get the needle valve to freeze or worse- cause some damage because of the force!?

sorry for the really basic questions guys-- this is my first attempt and man it's daunting!:eek:

You should have the solenoid and needle valves open to avoid damage from sudden pressure changes. As soon as it starts letting gas out, you close the needle valve as fast as you can!

thanks Kadoxu. that was something i was afraid of! gas spreading all over the place.. can't do it outside the house as my solenoid needs to be connected to be switched on..

Will try it this evening---if you guys don't hear from me again-- things dint go as planned :lol:

All of my last 14 FE's I have connected I have had solenoid off and needle valve left at what ever it was set at to get correct CO2 level.

No need to worry, connect regulator, tighten regulator locking nut using spanner, close FE handle, clamp HE handle closed with cable tie. Job done.

The gas in an FE is over 800psi not 300.

Thanks Roy. i feel more comfortable with the valve closed then leave it open as I have never used an FE before but got really confused when it said that the valve needs to be open to save the regulator.

After much trepidationo_O I am finally done connecting the regulator to the FE. phew! I guess the first time is always the hardest. I still have my arms so yes it went well! :)

If you want I can dig out some heath and safety reports of accidents involving CO2 cylinders !!!. All are either in pubs doing naughty things, untrained people refilling or untrained scrappers, none are actual end users.

Back