• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

50 litre

Abcdefg

50 litre hardscape

IMG_3340.JPG

IMG_3342.JPG

some algae... of various sorts...

light green hair stuff...
IMG_3368.JPG

grey hair stuff...

IMG_3369.JPG

very bright green hair stuff...

IMG_3402.JPG

IMG_3405.JPG

green and brown party-time on the rockwork...

IMG_3407.JPG

nice scapers tank, I'd be wondering though; do you not find that the wood you have up against the front glass on the right, limits your viewing experience?

I really like your hardscape!

Hair algae is a pain, increasing the P dosing will help. In the meantime remove as much as you can manually and lift the lights a little (if you can). Otherwise reduce lighting duration.

nice scapers tank, I'd be wondering though; do you not find that the wood you have up against the front glass on the right, limits your viewing experience?

Thanks,

It is a bit of an odd one, but there's a sort of cave area at the front ( can't really see it in these pics) I'm hoping to keep shrimp and wanted to provide some shelter where they could still be seen. I have been thinking it might be an option to spin the tank around at some point in the distant future to change things around.

I really like your hardscape!

Hair algae is a pain, increasing the P dosing will help. In the meantime remove as much as you can manually and lift the lights a little (if you can). Otherwise reduce lighting duration.

Thank you dantrasy, much appreciated, as above, not sure if I might have gone overboard on the rocks... but glad you think it's OK.

I'll try increasing P. How much would you suggest by? In terms of percentage? I'm using ei dosing but could add some extra spoons in if I can work out the ratios.

This algae appeared before I started co2 so I'm hoping that will help a bit too.

I had considered brushing neat excel on to the wood, in a partially drained tank during a water change. Not sure if it would respond to that or not. And whether there's any merit to killing it where it is rather than scrubbing it off and risk spreading it about, any thoughts?

The grey hair ( or sometimes it's like a blue web) stuff comes off the moss fairly easily with patience, but the green hair is very firmly attached, so I can remove from hardscape but not really from moss.

What could the grey / blue stuff be?

Thanks

Last edited:
Back