• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Ada 60p Okho Stone

Hi all,I'm probably going to be in a minority of one, but I much prefer the rocks with the strata aligned.

When I look at tanks with the rock strata all jumbled I find it really off-putting, it just looks so unnatural.

cheers Darrel

Hi Darrel, I agree with you. The rock strata should all face more or less in the same way.This depends on the look you want sometimes it give the scape more tension if the rock strata is at odds within the scape .

If i get 2 months use out of it I would be more than happy plus has a solenoid so can be set on a timer save lots of messing about. I didn't trust myself with a FE just yet so started small :lol:

I do prefer the last hardscape as I think it works well with the stone im using plus like Roy and Alto mentioned it creates some tension in the scape. Another photo that helped me along the way.

_MG_9645-01.jpg

Thanks Roy I think im finally ready to get this hardscape moved into the new tank :)

Yeah got 2 bottles the other day and was also told they replace the empty ones for half the price ;)

Hi Gary, I think my favourite are the 3rd and 5th photos you posted - just to confuse you! :D
I think the preference for aligned rock strata can be a throwback to a spot of ocd in our personalities...
2016-09-08 21.31.37.jpg
:D :D :D :D (my son's scapes will be epic...haha!)

haha yeah I still run my ideas past Keith ;) Im putting together another hardscape so I'll be sure to put new pics up soon.

You got any new scapes on the horizon?

Hi Gary, Love the rock placement in this one.Works for me :thumbup:

As always. I start one scape and as soon as its planted up. I am working on the next scape in my head :D

Keith is the best. And will always help with the design of your Hardscape He will see things you and others have not :cool::cool:

Thanks Roy I think its my best so far it looks more natural and the rocks are better positioned than the others. Its going to be well planted ;)

Im using this as my inspiration :eek::eek: Hope the guys a member on here he doesn't mind me sharing it he did a great job :thumbup:

pHosting.jpg

Back