• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Aqua at pet shop - Season 2 - layout #6

31066102051_27e874ed52_z.jpg
Tender Flower by Alexander, on Flickr

4 weeks with new LED light unit. Manufacturer gives such parameters on unit: 3400 lm light intensity, power unit is 12V and 36W. I must to say the light is ridiculuosly bright. I don't need such bright light. So I'm using dimmer (for LED stripes, wtf?) and trying to find a way to set it slighter higher. So far it seems I need only half or even third the power to have the same amount of light as previous 2*36W T5 unit (about 30 cm above water). Adding more light - and I have short green hair on the glass next week.

31186838831_7f2ce4e6d4_z.jpg
60x30x36 - 4 weeks with new light by Alexander, on Flickr

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year:

31510878650_7064d2c6f2_z.jpg
P61225-103236 by Alexander, on Flickr

This tank has been running on the same sand substrate for all last year since December 2015. The system is very stable, and even with ridiculuously small CO2 injection rate everything grow good and bushy. It was not easiest year for me, but I finally started to use LED light, and this is interesting experience. Though, I can see T5 lights still can provide better color redintion in my case. I'd like to check some RGB light in next year.

After new year, I'm going to rescape this tank with more red plants to see whether this LED unit can grow reds.

Back