• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Canister Filter for an 30 ltr tank

dmallia

Seedling
I have an Aquatlantis Nano Cube 30ltr aquarium which is currently running with its own internal filter with some guppies and amano shrimps. I am planning to reconstruct this aquarium to a full aquascape and to increase some space I am going to remove the internal filter. Since I am going for pressurized co2(still dont know if i go with an inline co2 diffuser or normal glass one) I am only considering a canister filter. I am also thinking of doing an inline heater to remove the heater from the tank. From a small research, I read a lot of positive reviews on eheim, mainly for reliabilty and silence when in operation and since this aquarium is in my bedroom a silent filter is a must. I am considering a classic 2211 or 2213. For plants I am thinking to go simple with a carpet of Eleocharis parvula and with moss on rocks and woods.

The eheim 2211 has a max flow rate of 300lph and if I have 25litres of water the filter will circulate the water 12 times per hour. The 2213 has a flow rate of 440lph which circulates the water for >17 times.

Do you think the I must go for the 2213 since I am adding an inline heater and most prob an inline co2 diffuser, it will decrease some flow, or it is still to much and better to go for the 2211? As regards to bioload I will have a 2 trios of guppies with some cherry or amano shrimps and nerite snail.

Back