• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Hi all newbie filter advise for fluval fx4

Fatalgoblin

Seedling
Hi all I am a new be I have just recently descovered this forum
Any way I have a juewl vision 180 tank with t5 jewul lighting I am starting to plant it up in have sand substrate any way my filter is packing up it is an ehime canister I was thinking about upgrading this to an fluval fx4 for my tank does anyone have any advise on this or is the filter an over kill on my tank ??

I have a Vision 180 and after much much much searching the biggest filter I could find that would easily fit in the cabinet (and easily get out again for maintenance) was the JBLe1501. Most other filters would have to be external to the cabinet or require extensive cabinet modifications in order to get them in. Most cabinet mods I saw done were, putting filter in centre section or having to remove the doors.

Anyway JBL e1501 is only 1400l/hr so if you are going planted using the standard T5 Juwel lighting and CO2 you will need either more filtration (I still have the 600l/hr internal filter) and/or power heads (I have a 3200l/hr Koralia).

Below is the JBL e1501 on my tank with extended spray bar.

upload_2016-11-24_9-43-51.png

Thanks Ian looks good but nor bothered about my cabinet I could put fx4 on the floor next to the tank

Back