• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

120cm - Some hills and some plants

flygja

Hi all, been away for a while as usual, but still scaping. Here's my latest attempt:

31003071742_5d981dcd90_b.jpg

Hardscape is made out of Okho or dragon stones. These are all the stones I have. The greyish ones I bought many years ago, the brownish ones a few years ago. The colours and textures don't match completely, but they're all I have for now.

31032519541_23c096e382_b.jpg

Tried to build a high slope using some smaller lava rocks and whatever smaller rocks I have. The large dragon stones you see here were moved to the back to form the mountain range.

Planting plan left
31146879285_b848be2c9f_b.jpg

Planting plan right
31146879635_8ef9254ab2_b.jpg

1. Ludwigia inclinata var verticillata "Cuba"
2. Rotala rotundifolia sp Red
3. Pogostemon erectus
4. Alternanthera reineckii "mini"
5. Cryptocoryne wendtii "Green" + Cryptocoryne beckettii "petchii"
6. Mix of Micranthenum sp "Monte Carlo" and Eleocharis parvula sp "Japan"
7. Rotala rotundifolia sp "Blood Red"
8. Rotala sp Vietnam
9. Ludwigia sp "super red"
10. Pogostemon helferi
11. Barclaya longifolia
12. Staurogyne sp
13. Ludwigia arcuata

Comments are welcomed!

30416143463_27053ba405_b.jpg

Took 3 hours of planting. Some of the stones have sunk a little as the water made the aquasoil lighter. Water has cleared up but I haven't cleaned the glass yet. Currently running 4x 54W T5HO for 7 hours. CO2 is high - an uncountable bps - but I haven't measured the pH drop yet. Filtration is through a Fluval FX6 (25mm reduced to 16mm) and a Fluval 405.

The color blobs are frightening :eek: :nailbiting:

but the tank is grand :wideyed: :D

wanted to add a Like to your first post but my fingers froze :walkingdead:

Great stuff indeed. Are both your filters running CO2 reactors?

Great stuff indeed. Are both your filters running CO2 reactors?
No, only the Fluval FX-6 has an inline atomiser. The Fluval 405 runs through a chiller.

I see anubias coeffefolia on the rocks, right? Not in the plants list though.
Yeah I forgot to include the Anubias coffeefolia and Anubias barteri var nana in my plants list. I just jammed them in wherever I had space :D

Latest shot - day 7. Added some Blyxa japonica I had in another tank. I also transferred all the fish and shrimp from that tank.
31310766586_8a146bcbc1_b.jpg

i didnt like that surface skimmer, and i replaced it with eheim micro skimmer 350, and i am very happy with it :)
I don't like it either, but I prefer not to add another piece of electrical equipment to my tank. The chiller and filters are already adding a lot of consumption to my monthly bill! I also have a glass one, but the Fluval 405 is too powerful for it and its constantly drawing air into the filter.

I don't like it either, but I prefer not to add another piece of electrical equipment to my tank. The chiller and filters are already adding a lot of consumption to my monthly bill! I also have a glass one, but the Fluval 405 is too powerful for it and its constantly drawing air into the filter.

5w/hour it wont make any diference at your electrical bill. plus it is much more estetique than the surface extractor you are using wright now

True. I'm hoping the plants will cover it and so make it less noticeable. Also need to clean up the piping a little, I was too tired after setting up previously.

Back