• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Upgrade from Aquael Leddy Smart

billiemackers

Hello all,

I'm looking to upgrade my light. I'm currently using an Aqauel leddy smart 6W. As much as I like the light, I'm after something a little bit more powerful. I really like the look of the Azoo Flexi Mini, even if it's a bit pricey. I'd like to get some reds developing in my H. pinnatifida and Rotala.

I'm just wondering, could anyone recommend a neat unit which would be a good upgrade?

I've seen a few nice looking lights on amazon, but am not sure if they would be much of an upgrade as they are all a similar power.

Thanks Tim, they look good! Might be a problem as my tank is 28.5cm edge to edge, could probably work around this though - any ideas?

Another option is the one I have on my 30cm cube

http://www.fish-street.com/digital_aquarium_led_lighting

J200_1.jpg

I'm in the same boat as Billiemackers, might have to have a closer look at the c series

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

I also have a Chihiros A Series & have been really pleased with it too. Recently the company Hinterfeld that manufacture it have brought out a new range https://www.ukaps.org/forum/threads/chihiros-c-series-specially-designed-for-nano-tank.47940/
I've been interested in trying as they're designed for nanos. The only disadvantage is the output in luminous flux isn't shown on the website yet!

Thanks, they look perfect! Any idea if they have a built in dimmer?

Cheers for all if the replies, I'm glad I asked!

Just in case anyone is interested, the new light arrived today. It is very smart indeed!

Noticeably brighter than the leddy smart and is dimmable. There are 7 settings in total from lowest to highest.

DSC_8233.jpg

DSC_8238.jpg

DSC_8242.jpg

DSC_8247.jpg

It seems good quality for the price and a lot of it is made out of metal with a matte black finish. "Mode" on the in-line controller is just on/off. Don't have any kit to provide you with light readings etc sorry.

Thanks for the suggestions, I'm glad I bought it. Hopefully my plants will appreciate it!

Reactions: tim
Back