• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

120 Ohko Fire

A fts from yesterday...

2vdqtdt.png

Thanks for the interest and likes!

A month on from the pic above and I'm getting a bit of bba. It's not too bad, I'm picking it off as I see it.

Still no trim. The MC and flame moss have both doubled in volume. The MC reaches over to the other pillar - I want lots of that action happening.

Honestly, my job has me super busy atm. Any time on tanks has mostly been dedicated to the 1ft. I shot a tiny 8sec UHD video of the 1ft the other day ... it's over 30mb! I can play it on my phone, but not on my laptop. I'll post it once I have it sorted.

This is looking fantastic!

any livestock in there (hiding from the camera ;))

Thanks alto!

There's a lot of cherry shrimp and three lonely ember tetras. So no, the livestock doesn't stand out atm. I plan to add 50+ more embers soon. Just have to track them down for a good price.

Dantasy, how would you prevent the embers from hiding at the back, below the crates in the open space?

Looking very nice btw.

Hi Rebel, I can't stop them from doing that. I just need enough of them so that at any one time some (say 10 or so) are on display.

Love the waterfalls from hc I guess?

Why do you use so short inlets? There is no room to let them go to the bottom of the tank or there are other reasons?

The inlets are short because I used to have them at the back where the rocks are up high. Now I do it out of habit and I like the look.

Awesome rock work, maybe you could add small Wood branches in those canyon to add some depth? :)

The 'waterfalls' are from M.
Monte carlo I guess?

Yes, it's mc, not hc.
I don't have any suitable dw, but I'll keep my eye out for some.

Thinking I'll add some red. AR mini and/or Ludwigia mini super red. But where to place them? They'll stand out big time.

Ludwigia mini super red
gets my vote re the smaller leaf & shade of red (I'm also imagining it more as individual stems rather than clumps)

Can you take a top-down photo?

You may need closer to 100 embers ;)

Carnegiella marthae would be an interesting addition (if available) & perhaps less prone to hiding in the depths (once settled)

Sundadanio axelrodi (red version is also available) - I've kept the "green" or "blue" (current group seems to be a mix of both species) & they are nicely front & centre

Note sure about adding wood into the canyons of rock - seems out of place

:)

Here's a fts from the other day. I switched off some back lighting so it's looking pretty grey.

All over it needs sharpening up. But I've only ever done one big trim since April, so the woolly look is to be expected. I think the final pic will be ready in Feb.

xgcme0.jpg

This is amazing. And definitely got me inspired for my new tank. Awesome work, following with interest!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back