• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Hi everyone

buttons

Hi everyone, I'm James, I been a non posting member for a well now so thought I would introduce myself, my profile says I'm a female for some reason I'm not LOL. I've been fish keeping/shrimp keeping for the past three years or so now, I had all tryed a high-tech tank last year which ended up as an algae Pit so rip it apart and went for Malawi cichlids which after about a year I got bored of, so decided to set the tank back up low tech. The low-tech set up is a Rio 240 twin 54w T5 bulbs which I have covered one T5 in tinfoil rings to hopefully make it lowlight. I have fully planted the tank as much as I could, the substrate molar clay with miracle Grow slow release fertiliser underneath, the tank has been set up for two weeks now I've suffered a lot of melting but a starting to see a some growth as well.

I also have a high-tech 24L nano tank and a 42 L Taiwan Bee/pinto shrimp tank. Been considering to start a journal on the Rio 240 for help and progress. Thanks.

The aglae pit last year
3788d31968a0380a380753910ff23272.jpg

My Taiwan bee tank
b0a7d4db4a48d39a37c33c5bad55b125.jpg

My 24l high tech
521a1e247463cd295e20377e52f0e725.jpg

My 240l low low tech
a4020571577a296760fa35c8ba0e04f2.jpg

Thanks for reading.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can anyone recommend if I should dose my low tech with ei? I'm going to try and keep water changes quite minimal.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Can anyone recommend if I should dose my low tech with ei? I'm going to try and keep water changes quite minimal.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Hi welcome,you could use EI lower amounts on a low tech of course,I think CO2 art has a EI low tech product to save you the hassle of trying to determine the dosage yourself,other members do this and will help you here and I think Cegs article on EI mentions it

Hi welcome,you could use EI lower amounts on a low tech of course,I think CO2 art has a EI low tech product to save you the hassle of trying to determine the dosage yourself,other members do this and will help you here and I think Cegs article on EI mentions it

Thanks, will check the article out. I have a ei salts which I bought last week for my nano, I mix up the bottles as recommended by aquarium plant food so was thinking I could use a smaller dosage of them mixtures, just unsure of how much I would need. I thinking once I get my outside tap fitted I my try going down the high tech route again on the 240l but properly this time, ferris and big waterchangers.

a87d2465d8e3ac70c7076a21c2c1bdda.jpg

This is the mixtures I have already mixed up so do anyone think I could use say a 25% dosage of micro & macro on separate days say once a week? My plant mass is on the last photo.

295d2116674e2bb07700e84e63ead48b.jpg

This is how my tank is looking, growth has be slow. I've started adding 1/10th of the EI recommended dosage on the mix on the card everyday at the moment. My vallis don't seem to be grow tall yet, have had a few runners though, them seem to start going see through on the tops as well as some of the crypts.

Not sure whether to take the foils off and go high tech, I have the all gear, last time went wrong fast and was very disheartening.

4c2bd0398666735800d6c6c1edf48003.jpg

This is how the tank looks now, growth has picked up since setting up the fe co2 and adding more ei dosing 2 weeks ago, was hoping the vallis would be growing faster to fill up the back. Think I may start adding more stem plants in there. The tiger lotus is starting to growing rapid so will keep an eye on it to make sure it doesn't start taking over the tank.

Thought there may of been a for sale section on the forum but can't find it, any ideas?

0fdf79760d2ca8e8721c8ef0654856c2.jpg

Couple of berried cherry,rili shrimp also

5e454a42e0bd6a0c5d2ff11985469aa4.jpg

Would like more stems and a carpet now, also need to cover the in take of the filter with a sponge as I found a baby shrimp in the filter.

Hi, you would get a better response if you posted questions in the relevant forums. This one is for introducing yourself. Maybe you'd like to create a journal?
Cheers, Lindy

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

4c2bd0398666735800d6c6c1edf48003.jpg

This is how the tank looks now, growth has picked up since setting up the fe co2 and adding more ei dosing 2 weeks ago, was hoping the vallis would be growing faster to fill up the back. Think I may start adding more stem plants in there. The tiger lotus is starting to growing rapid so will keep an eye on it to make sure it doesn't start taking over the tank.

Thought there may of been a for sale section on the forum but can't find it, any ideas?

There is a for sale section that you will be able to access once you have reached a certain number of posts. 20 or 25 I think?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Thanks, all sorted now.

I did realise that not many people comment on here lol.

I may start a journal for help and advice.

Thanks.

Back