• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Plant ID please

AnhBui

I have three small portions of this plant. Anyone can id it please?

IMG_2406.JPG

16688d783f3b5de7604761d3fc7523d1.jpg

Hi Roy, it looks like the young java fern. But this one has wavy and needle leaves. I am told that this plant has been found at the central of Vietnam years ago :)

Last edited:
Hi all,<"Looks promising">, but I have no idea whether you can grow it submerged.

cheers Darrel

It's already submerged. The portion I took pictures is in another tank. The portions I have much bigger than this one, and they are part of my current tank

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Will go back to local aqua shop and take more pictures of bigger part of submerged ones

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Talk again today and it looks like Ludwigia inclinata. Still early to say but very promising

Plants are hard to judge sometimes, especially stem plants that are grown as emersed rather than submerged. plants look entirely different when they are emersed such as didiplis, Luwigia Inclinta var. cuba etc so some times its hard to judge. retailers usually sell plants which are grown in emersed condition.

I am going to ask local shop keeping one bush for me. Search a bit more and looks similar to Rotala densiflora

Here is what I got from Googling

2899285162_357c825e38_b.jpg
Rotala densiflora (Roth) Koehne by Dinesh Valke, on Flickr

2899288310_006655a16c_b.jpg
Rotala densiflora (Roth) Koehne by Dinesh Valke, on Flickr

Hi all,
Search a bit more and looks similar to Rotala densiflora
That looks promising. I can't really tell from the photos but your plant looks to have a short stalk ("pedicel") to the flower, while in Rotala densiflora it looks to be stalkless ("sessile").

A flower would be useful, Ludwigia has a <"relatively large, four petalled, yellow flower">.

cheers Darrel

Back