• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Aquariums with built in filters?

billiemackers

Hi all,

I'm considering ways of concealing various bits of kit in my aquarium when I add stuff in the future, the main one being a heater. I'm tempted to go down the canister filter with inline heater route eventually as this takes up minimal space in the aquarium and everything is out of the way. Also an option to add nice neat lily pipes etc.

Before I potentially do that, I'm just wondering if there are any nice aquarium 'systems' with built in filters that anyone would recommend? It looks easy to hide a heater behind the (usually black) back panel - is filtration and flow adequate with these aquariums or would an external canister filter likely be a better choice?

Any help much apprenticed!

In my first planted tank I used one of these with decent success. As long as the pump in the filter is high enough flow then it will work fine. Although in the end I cut the bit of plastic dividing the tank out so I could have a larger tank.

Attachments

• 20161214_213246.jpg
    20161214_213246.jpg
    618.1 KB · Views: 492
  • 20161214_213327.jpg
    20161214_213327.jpg
    589.1 KB · Views: 577
And for the op, tanks like aqua one have really great built in hidden filters; I've consistently found these tanks the best in my experience, never quite liked the water leaving the tank in canister filters etc

Thanks everyone and really nice setups Manisha!

To add to my initial question - can anyone recommend a good reliable heater for a small aquarium which is fairly inconspicuous?

What size tank are you looking at? The aqua one nanos have a fake back wall to hide stuff and I have heard good things about (I have the cheaper P@H version with no fake back wall)

Yeah I have heard good things about them too, can see clearly that everything is well hidden in this video (not my vid):

The only thing I'm not keen on is the curved edged at the front, still looks nice though

Hi. I have a aquaone 620t. This Is 130l I believe. It has a built in filter in the top so there no back wall taking up space. This is quite a tall tank though at 60cm I believe. There is a smaller version of it with the same spec. Also there is now an led upgrade lid for these. I haven't used or seen much spec on the led though. Hope this helps
Iain

Back