• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Tamed jungle, 120p Takashi Amano inspired tribute.

On January 1st I took down my last tank, this jungle aquascape
9b8ac01e5d8156f95087eeedaf49fdfb.jpg

I keep all my plants but grow the tank to a 120p 120x45x45. And this was the result.
3b9c783cf1cfdbb54f48f095eec36554.jpg

I made this tank inspired by allot of aquascapes made by Mr Amano, almost the entire book "nature aquarium complete works" was used as inspiration. I try to create a "nonchalantly" apearience as mentioned in p.18 of the book.

It's just 4 days old, need to grow and develop. I'll keep you posted!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Hi there!

Great job! The new setup looks much more like an aquascape than the old one. I like that! Keep it going! :thumbup:

Yeah that's the idea that's why I called it "tamed jungle" the old one was the untamed version of this one, same stuff but with some order. Tthe old tank was just 30cm wide so it was really hard to aquascape it, the new one allows me to use cosmetic sand and try a triangular composition.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Week one and everything is thriving:

Im performing 50% water changes each other day as well as keeping the light and feeding a little down for the moment.

32072737251_71a4c8a46c_k.jpgacuario by Robert H., en Flickr

aquarium caracteristics:
Tank: 120p clear glass 120x45x45cm.
Substrate: diy substate and cosmetic sand.
Lighting: 2x20w t8 6500k led lamps manufactured locally.... the lamp has tree tubes but I´m running just two this first weeks.
Filter: boyu sp 604e 750lph... hided by the jungle val :lol:, twinstar 2 nano.
CO2: yeast diy, running day and night aprox: 3 b/s
Hardsace: dragon stones and manzanita dristwood.
Plant list: vallisneria asiatica, vallisneria americana, bolbitis heudelotii, cryptocoryne mioya, cryptocoryne beckettii petchii, sagitaria subulata, sagitaria pusilla, anubias nana petite, anubias nana gold, hygrophila polysperma, hygrophila corymbosa stricta blueechinodorus tenellus, hydrocotyle tripartita.
Fish/shrimp: paracheirodon axelrodi, hemigrammus bleheri, hyphessobrycon amandae, hasemania nana, pristella maxilaris, thayeria boehlkei, crossocheilus siamensis , red cherry shrimp.
c5312986b02a882b4ec23e6f40c5c2e9.jpg

Attachments

• 32072737251_71a4c8a46c_k.jpg
    32072737251_71a4c8a46c_k.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 615
Last edited:
This week my fish got ich, not new fish, I think it was the movement. I started treating with just metronidazole and raising the temp to 27, but that was not working and I knew that I needed to raise the temperature a bit more, so I took out the bolbitis and raise the temperature to 30c. I was not expecting this but, lets face it, I'm hopping all my fish survive this cause some of them have been 2+ years with me. this is not cool.

But moving into a more motivating topic I took this pictures while setting the tank, here you can see the hardscape from different angles and the amount of plants I used for this scape.

As you can see without plants the hardscape doesn't look very effective, but as Amano suggested I created a balanced layout, considering just the tips of the wood in a not too complicated way. The whole hardscape was made in about 15 minutes and I was very pleased whit it. View attachment 101700

View attachment 101706View attachment 101714 View attachment 101719

And here the dry one vs the planted one... View attachment 101723View attachment 101726

Cheers, RH.

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkView attachment 101717

Last edited:
Back