• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

You know nothing (Gareth Rogers) ada 60 (h)45

And so it begins!
20161230_182022.jpg
20161230_182017.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

After leaving this for a day i feel I still need more height in my rock work and not sure if my x2 trees are out of scale opinions please? All criticism very welcome

Your rockwork is fantastic; really brilliant! :)

I think you're right though, the wood is a little small in contrast to the height of the tank and the roots growing through the rocks. If you're going to do them as actual trees, I think they need to be a little higher up. The one on the right seems okay, but the left one, for me at least, needs to be a few centimetres taller (sort of so the top branches sit in line with the bottom of the surface skimmer). Experiment with slopes and you might find something that works.

Your rockwork is fantastic; really brilliant! :)

I think you're right though, the wood is a little small in contrast to the height of the tank and the roots growing through the rocks. If you're going to do them as actual trees, I think they need to be a little higher up. The one on the right seems okay, but the left one, for me at least, needs to be a few centimetres taller (sort of so the top branches sit in line with the bottom of the surface skimmer). Experiment with slopes and you might find something that works.
Thanks for advice I see your point with the left tree i have had a play around and raised the rockwork and substrate slightly and also removed the center root it just did not sit right . It feels a bit more natural now ! I will post a couple more pics .

Your scape is awesome! Your thread opened to one of the scape photos and I was in awe. Colours, textures and placement is perfect in my eye! Well done!

Your scape is awesome! Your thread opened to one of the scape photos and I was in awe. Colours, textures and placement is perfect in my eye! Well done!
Thanks uslanja it took all day to create and i still keep playing around with it! i know how i want this scape to look but just quite not made my mind up on plant selection yet .

IMO the rock work is great the way it is. It's a bit low for a 45cm tank, but you can always lower the water line for photos. I love the way plants can grow right down to the front left.

As for the two trees, their size is too similar. I see the one on the left has been lifted up. But still, they look out of proportion. Having two means there's no single focal point.
If I were to use these trees, I'd made rows (3-4 either side). Have the tallest towards the front, and the shortest near the back center. I also wonder what they would look like upside-down?

IMO the rock work is great the way it is. It's a bit low for a 45cm tank, but you can always lower the water line for photos. I love the way plants can grow right down to the front left.

As for the two trees, their size is too similar. I see the one on the left has been lifted up. But still, they look out of proportion. Having two means there's no single focal point.
If I were to use these trees, I'd made rows (3-4 either side). Have the tallest towards the front, and the shortest near the back center. I also wonder what they would look like upside-down?
Thanks dantrasy
I have spent the last week trying to find a way to raise my rock work without destroying what i had started and feel i have nearly achieved just that. As for the trees they have been moved all over the tank and im still undecided how it will end up i do have other tree like wood i may still use instead? As i mentioned at the start this us my first aquascape and i have learned alot about scale in this one i will postbsome more pictures soon at where i am currently at

I am still undecided if i should leave the right side as it is or form a rock formation. I feel there is something still missing no matter how i plant !

Back