• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Escape

never doubted the Sigma choice for macro solution. AF is useless, but in any other aspects it is great for the money

Really nice tank and photos, what model sigma macro lens are you shooting with? I want to get a macro lens for my 7d soon but would like to do so on a budget!

Really nice tank and photos, what model sigma macro lens are you shooting with? I want to get a macro lens for my 7d soon but would like to do so on a budget!

Thanks.

This one is sigma 105mm 2.8f DG macro. I have tested it on my 7D MK ii, works well. But I prefer it better on my 5D MK iii for the iso quality.

Great pictures, but I'm worried about your puffer. It looks hungry.
My previous puffer decided to end his days with jumping out the tank. r.i.p. (I had him for about a year.)

This one I have for just about a week from my lfs. It will pick up in no time I'm sure. I have some pest snails and he is going well after bloodworm

Ok, I will take to wish to all followers of this scape a Happy holidays..

And this is the last photo update this year..

My buce decided to flower finally..

31757421851_506bceffbf_z.jpg

31757422071_bb0ee9502f_z.jpg

My shrimp colony is multiplied in numbers..

31836328276_861ef621bd_z.jpg

31757160471_d596def770_z.jpg

Anubias petite always liked my setups..

31064362883_451c7367d7_z.jpg

Little bugger..

31836061986_c580aabfae_z.jpg

Vallis is finally picking up and moss trimmed one more time this year..

31064363223_97712f92f9_c.jpg

Thanks for checking-in, have a good one..

How does your shrimp fare with the Dario? I've a ton of shrimp in my 45P, and D. dario is one of the few species that are suitable for the tank size. But I don't want to lose all the shrimp.

I don't see my ones going after shrimp. But it does not mean they will not act diffently id different setup

Last edited:
Beautifull tank and intresting fauna.. Me also still have Dario on my wishlist, not yet found them in any lfs.. I see you also have a Gobi in there.. I saw one lately in the lfs and did some reading first before taking them home.. But they seem to be real shrimp hunters, red reports of them killing/eating 10 shrimps over night and biting Amano shrimps heads off and after that go after small fish.. They also seem to be fears jumpers and tight lids are adviced. Since i have open top i was reluctant of taking them home.

what are you're experiences with that gobi?? Which Gobi sp. is it?

Beautifull tank and intresting fauna.. Me also still have Dario on my wishlist, not yet found them in any lfs.. I see you also have a Gobi in there.. I saw one lately in the lfs and did some reading first before taking them home.. But they seem to be real shrimp hunters, red reports of them killing/eating 10 shrimps over night and biting Amano shrimps heads off and after that go after small fish.. They also seem to be fears jumpers and tight lids are adviced. Since i have open top i was reluctant of taking them home.

what are you're experiences with that gobi?? Which Gobi sp. is it?

Hi,

Sorry for late reply..

Neon blue goby I have. No issues with shrimp, I have shrimp in that fauna more than ever. From 15-20 the numbers are up to 60-70 :) and I don't mind if goby (if) or dwarf puffer will have some "snack", as I cannot control that population of shrimp anymore :) out of my hands. haha

Back